Tank man

saddog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
tankman2hl.jpg

a wee bit gray...you don't quite have ur black blacks and ur white whites(except for the blown out spot between the tanks)

If you are printing in a darkroom try dodging and burning some areas

if you have a longer sync chord and a flash you could also flash the man to get a little better all around exposure, just a thought. i like the idea here though.

could be different monitors, on mine if I add any more contrast I'll loose all the detail in the face and tanks. It's a scan from a b/w negative

I like it,
The "blown out" portion between the tanks adds greatly to the feel of the image. I wouldn't do a thing to this one.
Well done.

saddog said:
could be different monitors, on mine if I add any more contrast I'll loose all the detail in the face and tanks. It's a scan from a b/w negative

sorry, didnt see this. and now that i look at it, i think it has enough contrast anyway. again, great capture.

I like that the top is blown out. But the bottom is too bright and flat. It definitely needs more contrast. And yes, i'm on a calibrated monitor.

I'm still having a hard time with seeing the contrast, I have almost pure black in the lower left side of the tank and what looks like a gray scale across the big tank from upper right to lower left.
anyone that wants to play with it, feel free. In fact I give a blanket OK to play with anything I post.
thanks for all the comments!

I opened it in Photoshop, and adjusted the dark side of the levels slider. Just moved it in until it met the edge of the histogram. I love the photo.

tankman2hl.jpg

Nice composition... I like the corrected version better. Maybe I just would not pull to the black all the way.

on my monitor the corrected one has no detail at all in the face of the man. I really don't want to do any correction to my monitor since the prints I make come out very close to the screen.
Oh well, if it can be changed so it looks better to others that's cool. Again thanks for all the comments, it was interesting to find out some of the visual differences. Maybe unless we all went to the same computer we may never know what an original digital image really looks like.
OK, who wants to have the party?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back