Tarantula Molting sequence (shedding skin)

K-Y-L-E

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all i know that a lot of you dont much like spiders but i couldnt resist to post this sequence of shots
For best viewing results press f11

Tarantula moulting sequence

moulting.jpg

moulting2.jpg

moulting3.jpg

moulting5.jpg

moulting6.jpg

moulted.jpg

uurrhhhhhhh....... dude that is sick!!...... im not scrolling up again.... once was enough for me!....... well captured event tho :thumbup:

Interesting/cool series. How long does the process take for it to shed? (ie from the first pic to the last)

Oh my god, that just makes my skin crawl! But really good sequence of events.

OSNGAORGNARH[PAERMHPE[AHIMTHPTMHTHPIRMH!!! Eugh!! That creeped me out! Nicely captured from what I saw, I don't have the guts to go back up!!! :lol:

She is a beautiful spider.

I miss my Rosehair.

Mine took about 4 hours to molt and be finished.

If you get to the shed exoskeleton quickly, it is pliable enough to shape it into
whatever stance you want. I have had a LOT of fun with my spiders' moltings.

You can really scare the complete CRAP out of people with them. :)

That was amazing... very creepy but cool at the same time.

Great shots!!

Thanks for the comments people
@ Antarctican: they can take hours as castrol mentioned his did, or minutes, this one took a half hour to be all done and back on its feet.
Usually it takes longer the older/larger the spider gets, this guys about 2 moults from maturity so he's not so big just yet

andreag5 said:
I think i threw up in my mouth a little....

nice series

:D LOL! i dont quite get what you guys and gals find so grosse about this i mean theres no gooey juices or anything in the shots just a spider shedding its old skin... i guess i just cant see it from an arachnophobe's point of view is all.
Thanx for the comments tho :wink:

Most reactions

Back