Taste funny to you too? photoshop cc

freeze3kgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
got a fun picture of a kitty at the zoo and was wondering if my photoshoping was over done ( to much contrast, etc), what suggestions would one make to make it "better" --less amature looking and more natural perhaps.. you can flame me all you want dont really give a crap as long as you have something to add :D... or you can flame just to flame :D dont really care too much as long as i get some help along the way :thumbup:

i know my camera skillz lack atm and all my pictures come out over exposed, i was given a suggestion to try to shoot in Av mode and mess with the exposer comp. setting to get it less exposed shots. try'd a few shots and seems to be working A LOT better for me, but im a lot slower at taking photo's so just need to practice :D

shot with a cannon t1i with a 55-250mm lense on auto *sports* setting
before:
IMG_1293.jpg

after:
IMG_1294_edited-1.jpg

atempt number 2
IMG_1294_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:
I like the saturation personally.

Freeze
The composition is not bad. The picture is kind of tired...I see you tried to wake it up, but you went too far.

Try adding contrast and a little pop with clarity/luminance.

Also, learn to get out of the auto modes and work with ones like aperture priorty, etc...

Redo the pp and let us see if you do not mind.

With the oversaturated look, the stone work in the backround distracts from the star of the photo.

Try reducing the saturation of the background to about 30% and increasing the animals by 30%

Freeze
The composition is not bad. The picture is kind of tired...I see you tried to wake it up, but you went too far.

Try adding contrast and a little pop with clarity/luminance.

Also, learn to get out of the auto modes and work with ones like aperture priorty, etc...

Redo the pp and let us see if you do not mind.

not sure where the clarity/ luminance is on the photoshop.. i have elements 6.0 atm did a quick redo put it in OP and still working on it thanks for the advice

also trying to cut the tigers out and doing them separate from the background which sounds like a great idea.. but running out of time have to go to work.. will have to mess with it later tonight :D

thanks again for the help

Last edited:
go go gadget adjustment brush in lightroom...its awesome and quick

From a technical stand point that is infact a very good shot you have there (even though the camera picked the settings ;)). Exposure is very clean with almost no highlight problems on the white areas of the cats (a big problem often with tigers). It just lacks a bit of contrast that is all - the histogram (When I got it into elements 6) was infact very good indeed.

Compositionally I would consider cropping the shot so that you only have the one tiger showing - the other is just too cut away by the bottom of the shot to show the interaction that you were hoping to get.

For a change try this - open the image in elements - then duplicate the base layer (so that you can work on a duplicate rather than the original) and run a highpass filter over it. To do that go to Enhance - Unsharpen mask and the use the following settings:
Amount - play with this to get a nice effect - I tried around 18 for your shot, but experiment
Radius - 250
Threshold - 4 (this might not be needed but its set on mine and worked well).

That will give you a nice control over the contrast in the shot and give a youa bit more depth to the shot. You can also then throw a highlight and shadow control over that layer just to take the edge of the brights (enhance - adjust lighting shadows/highlights -- set the add lightness to 0 and the reduce highlights to around 2 - again play around till you are pleased with th result.

Finally I added +12 of saturation to the shot using a saturation layer - but I also went to the "master" dropdown and selected yellows and reduced them by -8 just so that the flower was a little less glaring.

IMG_1293copy.jpg

Overread
I see that you are not too far from me. ;)

I want to let you know that you are invited over to work on my photos on my computer anytime you like. :mrgreen:

hehe thanks for the offer - but are you paying for the flight tickets as well? ;)

awesome thanks for the info and everything overread and pbelarge, much much appriated cant wait to get home and try this :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back