"TATTERED TIME "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do a lot of shooting of Barns in Vermont, and this one just seemed to work in Black + White.... Just one of many that don't survive the winters due to heavy snow, and Time...

tatteredtimebw.jpg

Nice shot, you found a pretty interesting subject. It's a well frame photograph.

schumionbike... thanks, As said I shoot a lot of barns, and somehow, the tattered ones' come across much better in B+W... .. won't post color version here since its B+W, but here's another example of B+W and a falling barn....

toppledtimebw.jpg

Well, I myself quite like to see photos of barns, and often the dilapidated or half-dilapidated ones make for an even more interesting photo, though I know that some on here absolutely despise barns as photographic subject. Well, like I am saying: I don't and I actively go and photograph our barns here, too, whenever I think one of them is worth a photo. So I will always look at your barn photos with interest!

And yes, the b&w renders itself nicely to the falling-down ones, and the second photo here could therefore still do with some more contrasts in the shadow areas, although I see that the snow is already on the brink of being blown... maybe only a bit of Unsharp Mask? (Just a thought). The first shows all the contrasts nicely!

Are most of the barns in Vermont wooden stuctures? For here we find a good many that belong to the farmstead and are close to the home made from brick, only the sheds for tools in the meadows are wooden structures. (One of the latter can be seen here , second photo, but in what little colour there was at the time).

I like it. B&W is sooo cool.

Most reactions

Back