tattoo book

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, planning a tattoo book in this style. What do you guys think? Does the selective color work? Anything I can do to increase the contrast?

492954507_5c7cbcf324.jpg

492954493_be9792678f.jpg

313234040_c0312bd76d.jpg

The third one is sweet! Ummm...thats all the only comment I could come up with!

When I see tattoo books, I want to see everything. All the color of the tattoo and the natural skin tone. Selective coloring doesn't work for a tattoo book because, in my opinion, it takes away from the tattoo. Plus, when you do the selective coloring, the part of the tattoo that has outline only (no coloring) will have that person's natural skin tone and make the rest of the body (which is in B+W) look off.

I'd just focus on getting nice shots of the tatts.

By the way, I love tattoos! I plan on getting more when I figure out what I want and when I get the funds! :)

When I see tattoo books, I want to see everything. All the color of the tattoo and the natural skin tone. Selective coloring doesn't work for a tattoo book because, in my opinion, it takes away from the tattoo. Plus, when you do the selective coloring, the part of the tattoo that has outline only (no coloring) will have that person's natural skin tone and make the rest of the body (which is in B+W) look off.

By the way, I love tattoos! I plan on getting more when I figure out what I want and when I get the funds! :)

I agree to a point but I think the last picture works very well. It shows placement and color very well...Im not sure I really care about the skin tone if Im shopping for a tattoo.

I really disagree. I've done a number of tattoos in this style, and it always looks great.

I'd also like to see complete color shots. I think the selective coloring makes 'em look photoshopped in and is distracting.

I think it works on the 1st and 3rd one but not on the 2nd, probably just due to the style of the tattoo makes it look like he has a bit of a skin condition.

I'd maybe crop out the hand on the bottom right of the 3rd pic too. nice pics though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back