Tea Time

the image is very soft... almost to the point of being out of focus. also it's lopsided and there doesn't seem to be any main focal point. my eyes jump all over the place looking for something that isn't out of focus... even the reflections in the silver are out of focus.

composition wise, it's not bad, but it's not good either... i can't figure out what is bothering me about it though. something there irks me...

I put in a hot link to a larger size so that people don't have to go off-site to see your picture. (in forum guidelines)

I have to agree with meotter about the focus and orientation. I have no
idea what you are trying to depict in this image, why its sepia, why most of it is OOF.

Sorry

2374292770101351932S600x600Q85.jpg

no problem i like your honest responses. So far what I have is that it should be in focus, and there is no focal point. Anything else? What could I have done to make the picture better?

And thank you Traveler for posting my pic, I didn't know we weren't supposed to link.

no problem i like your honest responses. So far what I have is that it should be in focus, and there is no focal point. Anything else? What could I have done to make the picture better?

And thank you Traveler for posting my pic, I didn't know we weren't supposed to link.

being in focus will go a long way to making this very same image better....

the composition, as i said before, i can't tell what you were trying to capture. it's good to have a sense of purpose when you take a picture. i.e. what are you trying to capture, are you trying to tell a story? are you trying to just create an image to remember something? basically have a purpose in mind... and once you're done shooting, look back at your images and ask yourself if you accomplished what you set out to do.

what was your purpose when you shot this? i think that you can see some interesting reflections in the teapots, but i can't really tell because it's not in focus.

it might be an interesting shot if you focus on the reflection with a more shallow depth of field so that the reflection pops and the tea kettle is recognizable, but not distracting to center of attention (the reflection).

good luck :)

Thank you for the extra advice.

Heres the original, its still blurry.
DSC05415.jpg

I can't remember what camera this was taken with, but I'm assuming the digital, which is a Sony. The blur is my fault, but I can sharpen it to see if it looks any better.

I took this picture because this tea set is VERY antique and its placed in my house where it is almost hidden- therefore always overlooked.
In my opinion it should be the center of attention because it is so beautiful.

I cleaned the picture up a bit, how does this look?
DSC05415-1.jpg

A tip. I don't have time to go to properties and look up the full sized image. This might be a great image, but I need you to make the investment of putting the image at the correct size.

Webshots for some reason isn't working when I tryed to put the full size image on the forum. you can click the picture and it goes straight to a bigger picture though

I'd have taken closer up to get the detail on some of the metal. Put it in focus, maybe, full color not sepia.

As the shot stands, I'd have tried to get out the whitespace on the top, feels unbalanced or strange with the white wall taking up so much. Since there's no focal point in the image, having the wall take up so much of the frame just doesn't seem to work so well.

I believe a close up showing detail on the piece could be interesting with the right lighting. Try it again, there's an awesome shot somewhere in this scene!

Most reactions

Back