rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C appreciated as always.

The more amusing thing was is she was chasing a housefly for a good 20 minutes trying to get a picture of it.

teach_em_young_5x7.jpg

the texture is simply beautiful :)

is she holding it backwards? that would be classic if she was!

Nope. She's just trying to look through the viewfinder up close (because 'daddy holds his close to his eye').

She actually takes quite a few pictures with it and, though they're likely not to win an award any time soon, she has fun, which is all that really matters. She gets entire faces in frame (though usually blurry) more often than I do, I think.

I don't have backwards, but I do have shutter closed!

zoe_camera_fail.jpg

And a couple more for the hell of it... The B&W one is hanging in my office at work.

zoe_camera_2_4x5_sm.jpg

zoe_camera_girl_4x5_bw_sm.jpg

Yes, that last one (the one you got framed an on the wall) IS the winner out of this entire series. Very beautiful, lovely tones. Light is even better than in the first, and I prefer the clear black and white to the sepia, I must say. The sepia seems to blur the contrasts, or so it seems.

But all in all: nice to let her take her own pictures. This is how things start. And to chase a fly for 20 minutes shows intent and determination. Which is also nice. Shows that she knows what she wants. :D

Thanks for the kind words. I do rather enjoy that last one (shrunk to that size jpeg, it seems overly sharp... the print is not that way).

I prefer the clear black and white to the sepia

The first one isn't quite sepia, but put against the tones of image 4, I don't think even the original B&W conversion would quite match up.

I did the conversion on #1 using the Lab Lightness channel applied to itself with multiply at 80% opacity. Then converted to grey scale and then to a Quadtone with black, PANTONE(s) Warm Gray 9CVC, Cool Gray 6 CVC and Cool Gray 3 CVC. It's one of the presets that comes with CS3. I'm kind addicted to it for processing B&W's because, printed at mpix, they turn out absolutely awesome.

I did the conversion on #1 using the Lab Lightness channel applied to itself with multiply at 80% opacity. Then converted to grey scale and then to a Quadtone with black, PANTONE(s) Warm Gray 9CVC, Cool Gray 6 CVC and Cool Gray 3 CVC.

Oh :shock: ... oops! :oops:

Gulp!

Erm ... that's all ... erm ... Greek to me :oops: :er:
I don't understand a word of it :blushing: ...

Oh, please. Don't! :shock: Also I have a daughter, and though she might be 10 years older than yours, she still needs me, too! ;)
(And FYI, the PS version I work with is ... erm ... 6.0 ... :oops: )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back