Tech question D750

vandervr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My D750 seems to shoot slow in burst mode? I've compared it to videos on youtube and it is definitely slower. I have it set to Ch, and I changed the image size to Raw instead of RAW and JPEG. I have the camera in manual mode as well but I dont think that matters? If anybody could help me I would appreciate it. I've only had this camera for a couple of a days and it was a refurbished one from B&H.

What memory card are you using?
San Disk ultra plus. Should I buy the extreme pro? I'm open to any suggestions...Do I need to have the shutter set to a faster shutter speed for it to work? Or does it even matter if its set to Ch? Thanks

What memory card are you using?
San Disk ultra plus. Should I buy the extreme pro? I'm open to any suggestions...Do I need to have the shutter set to a faster shutter speed for it to work? Or does it even matter if its set to Ch? Thanks

That card should be adequate, given there are no issues with the card. What kind of shutter speed are you shooting? Because the slower your speed, the slower the shutter opens and closes, which in turn causes the delay between snaps to be longer.

In the manual you will find how to increase the FPS speed.

Slow shutter speeds can affect burst speed shooting rates...if the shutter takes a "long time" to make an exposure,you will NOT be able to get maximum firing rate.

AND, as Designer notes, YOU set the firing rate for CH in the camera's menus! You can set the C-low and C-High firing rates!

D750 has 2 burst rates, slow and fast, be sure its you set it on the fast rate.

The Ultra Plus vs Extreme Pro on a D750 does make a difference.
I have both cards and a D750.
The Ultra Plus is a slower transfer rate thus there will be a log jam much quicker than with the Extreme Pro and shooting will slow down faster.

There's also features which you'll want to turn off which will make things faster. I can't recall them off of the top of my head though. But like Long Exposure Noise Reduction, High ISO noise reduction, and stuff like that. There's other threads about that on this forum.

Also ContinuousLow (D2 in the custom menu) is programmable. I don't recall if ContinuousHigh is or not.

RTFM, it's all in there.

Most reactions

Back