"Technical" vs. "Artistic": Should One Trump The Other?

What do you consider more important in your photos?

• The use of proper technique is most important to me.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Getting an artistic image is most important to me.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • It would depend on the situation, the client, and the desired image.

Votes: 33 76.7%

• Total voters
Four days later and it will stand the test of time? I am assuming that's you making a delicate little joke with that statement, right?

You certainly have a keen eye for the obvious...

;)

Quick, let me find you a windmill, Steve, so all that chivalry will not go to waste!!

Post #19 of this thread.

I have a theory about this place. The benefit to it is primarily that people will always pick your work apart. They are hyper critical which is something we wont get from friends and family. That said you can pick and choose what feedback to heed.

The pic is lovely. The head chop was a bit severe for me but it doesn't make the image any less lovely. You hit a gorgeous focal point in the shot. The pose was comfortable, everything from the styling of your client, the movement in the shot, to the contrast and choice to depict it in black and white was fluid and worked quite well... even when I go back and look I still can't bring myself to be bothered by the way the light hits her hand... You want to see a blown out shot you should see the one I posted yesterday. :mrgreen: I knew it was blown out as all hell and I posted it anyway... Yes, Yes I did.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back