Technology and Nature

wordmunger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a few photos I took on a misty morning a few days ago. I've just taken up photography again after about 15 years, so please be kind!

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi there and welcome!
I like the first two with #1 being my favorite (I think) but the third one, although being well done, just doesn't appeal...sorry.

Hi, Mrsid. I think I have to agree with you about number 3. I was just amazed to get that picture at all--the truck was going by at 70 MPH, so I was shocked to see it centered over the culvert. I wonder if a little photoshopping to give a sense of speed might help.

I hate to say it but they don't do much for me. However if the truck in #3 was taken with a slightly slow shutter to add motion and the bottom was cropped so that it was not as tall, I agree with you it might help.

i really like the idea and i love the first one. the lines leading up to the ?trailer? and then the trees leading up, and i love the colors...in all of them really. i don't really like how they are all centered shots but it's a great idea to keep exploring

The truck was going 70mph? What was your shutter speed? I'm curious because there's no blur at all. Is this digital or film?

Digital. 1/500, f 4.0. I was surprised about the lack of blur as well, but this did the trick! Probably would have been better to stop it up a bit to get some blur. But now the leaves have all fallen and it wouldn't be the same picture. Oh well, such is life....

1 has a dramatic contrast to me.

Looks like a PL I know of in Asheville NC.

I like the first one the most. It has very good contrast of a big parking lot and the one trailer in the middle of the two trees. I think you could probably us less sky in the picture though.

number 2 has no intrest to me

Number 3 has potential but is lacking something
I dont know what though

Glad to have another person intrested in photography back

Welcome :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back