Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm working with the Kenko 1.4x 300pro,,,, new to using this product,,
any tips,,,, so I don't have to rework the wheel,,,

thanks

I'm working with the Kenko 1.4x 300pro,,,, new to using this product,,
any tips,,,, so I don't have to rework the wheel,,,

thanks

Two tips.

1. Don't use it on anything less than 100mm lens. TC's are not made to make short glass medium glass. They were designed to add magnification to medium and long glass.

2. Only us the TC on Top Quality Glass. TC's magnify the focal length of the lens which is what you are looking for. What people forget is that TC's also magnify the flaws of the lens it is attached to. If a lens is soft, the TC will make the image even softer.

TC's were originally designed for prime lenses. They function best on prime lenses as they tend to have fewer faults than a zoom of equal quality. One reason Kenko TC's are popular, aside from the fact that the DG300 series is top quality, is that they work on a wider variety of lenses. Canon TC's only work on Some of Canon's top quality glass, all of it being L glass.

This ability to work on a wide variety of lenses also causes problems. I have seen people put a $240.00 TC on a $100.00 lens and wonder why the image quality is so terrible. They figure if it fits it will work.

I have the Kenko Pro 300 1.4x. Only thing I can mention is to avoid shooting high contrast scenes as it seems to introduce a lot of purple fringing. But that might be my TC/lens combination (Nikon 80-200 f/2.8).

It's a great telecoverter though, especially for the price.

I have the Kenko Pro 300 1.4x. Only thing I can mention is to avoid shooting high contrast scenes as it seems to introduce a lot of purple fringing.

I agree. It is usually noticeable when someone has used a t/c for this reason - color aberration becomes more pronounced.

i was going to use it on a tamron 90mm 2.8 marco,,,
thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

thanks

Just shoot as normal but make sure you use a higher shutter speed to compensate for the extra focal length

I don't know how well they will work with the Tamron macro, but I use my Sigma 1.4X with my Canon 100mm macro with pretty good results (the canon 1.4x doesn't fit that lens).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back