Tele/Wide Converters that attach to end of lens, for SLR?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by RickyN29, Nov 3, 2005.

1. RickyN29

RickyN29 TPF Noob!

Okay, I have a .45 wide angle and a 2x tele converters that were for my Canon S2 (58mm thread) They attach on the end of the lens, not the body. I am wondering, since they fit the 58mm threads on my Rebel XT lens, can I use them? I notice SLR converters attach to the body, not the end of the lens. i have taken a few shots with the wide angle on and it looks fine..

Help!

2. TheCanonMan

TheCanonMan TPF Noob!

more or less that is a wide angle and a 2x tele converter filter thay use that kind of thin g on cameras that the lens can not be removed so lets lets your lens is a 50mm that makes it a 100mm with the 2x but most of the time thay are crap and make the pictures look funny so what I would do is make a test roll with it dont film things you love just a test roll and see how it looks if thay look fine then use them it will not hurt anything.

3. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    As a general rule, the more pieces of glass you hang on the front of a lens, the more the quality of the image goes "bye bye". Too many filters, close-up lenses, or "converters" all are frowned upon. Some serious pro's won't even keep a UV filter on their lens to protect the front lens element. But from a pratical standpoint, test it and if you can live with the results, use it.