tell me wacha think

chrisu002

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_3050aaaaaaaa.jpg

I think the DOF here is pretty good. The background is nicely blurred. There are a few problems for me though. First the bottom left hand corner is distracting, even though it's blurred, my eye keeps wandering to the bottom left wondering what that is. Second, the flower that seems to be the focus of the picture is right smack in the center. Try recomposing using a different angle and having the flower not so centered. Composition wise it's a bit boring, not much to look at really. You could possibly crop this picture and work on it a bit and get something you like, but my suggestion would be to reshoot and choose lots of different angles and see what you come up with :)

i like howits centered because it starts in the pot left corner and it kind of flows to the right

You should look up the rule of thirds, it will explain what I am trying to say in a better way. It doesn't apply to every picture, but for something such as this I would say that the rule of thirds would apply. Here's a site that I just looked up quickly for you: http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/compose_expose/thirds.html
The diagram helps a lot. Again it's not for every situation, there are great pics that break this rule, but here it just doesn't seem to work IMO.

I dont really have a problem with the flower being close to the center, I think the photo works as it is, but that bright spot on the bottom is distracting. Oh, if you'll reshoot it, break that needle off that points to the bottom :) Or, at least clone it out, I think the photo will look much better without it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back