Telling a story... a better format? (Beauty, Blood and guns inside!)

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I created a little bit of a story today with a model, and I am having trouble putting it together like I wanted.

What I really wanted to do was to put them in a 16:9 aspect ratio and make them each look like frames out of a movie, but, when it came down to it, I screwed up and didn't align them the right way when taking them. (actually I did, but these ones look a LOT better.)

So here is the presentation as it is... but does anyone have any other ideas on how to present it?

Oh, and who can guess what the "blood" is?

3086193098_03aa45f4c5_b.jpg

Larger versioN:

msm.jpg

Nice shots. I don't like the plastic gun. I'd really like the second shot, but you cropped off the bottom of her shoe.

I like the idea but I do agree with two of the posts above, a real gun would have more impact, the second shot would be better without the bottom of the shoe cut off, third and fourth are very good.

The blood, food colouring maybe?

It's not plastic... it's grain from the photo.

The blood was... NOT food coloring. Here's a hint: It wasn't red! :)

The blood was... NOT food coloring. Here's a hint: It wasn't red! :)

Maybe a polished gun would be better, it does look plastic.

Thinking about the "blood", it obviously beads up and doesn't like sticking to skin, other than food colouring and alcohol, oil is the only thing I know that beads up like that and I doubt she would let you use oil! :)

No the blood is actually chocolate syrup, and it was a great consitency for blood.

New version:

3090867789_e05009b71f_b.jpg

No the blood is actually chocolate syrup, and it was a great consitency for blood.

New version:

3090867789_e05009b71f_b.jpg

I think putting chocolate syrup on a girl is for a different forum. :)

I like these shots, they really do look like video stills.

I don't want to get into an argument about it, but that's not a real gun. It may not be all plastic, but parts of it are, and none of it is real. And that is obvious to people who are familiar with guns.

They're still cool photos. I'm just saying, it would have a little more impact with a realistic gun. Maybe you could even use the fake fun and focus other parts of the photo instead of the gun so that it wouldn't be jumping out at the viewer.

I like the shot with the gun pointed at the camera but it looks like the focus is on her hand not the gun. I think it might have a stronger impact if the gun was closer to the camera as well so it was REALLY "in your face".

My .02 on potential improvements ... awesome idea and execution of it.

New version:

3091897296_52dd3760a2_b.jpg

Yeah the new one is definitely good and I think the grittier images fit the story better. Definitely a cool idea... I think you pulled it off well.

I love the one with her pointing the gun especially... love the expression and focus. Nice set overall.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back