Tempe, AZ in HDR

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first try at HDR and the program is on trial version so it watermarked them.

Thought you all might want to see the new Tempe Center for the Arts. It's RAD!

DSC_1476_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1467_8_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1450_49_51_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1448_7_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1444_3_5_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1442_1_0_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1431_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

DSC_1415_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

That's a lot of photos to C+C. Nice job I'd say.

I think the first 4 are over done. They last 4 are better. Its easy to overdo the HDR stuff. I like the last two best. The concrete works well in HDR I think. Just my opinions. Take it for what its worth.

I'm just wondering this. Are HDR images supposed to have a almost unrealistic cartoon looking affect to them? or no?:???:

HDR is technically supposed to bring out details in shadows and highlights - however the term is often associated with what you see above.

...and people don't think about how much depth the image loses.

Sometimes it works for the image, sometimes it doesn't.

Where is that, I live in Phoenix, and have never seen that place.

It is the tempe center for the arts... Do you never go to town lake or drive the 202? You cant miss it.

I know a lot of people who love this extreme type of HDR. Personally I am not a fan of it. I think that there a few from this set that you hit on and a few that you missed.

#1 I think the haloing in the is extremely distracting.
#2 It is an interesting shot. It is pretty extreme but I don't think it overdone to the point where it the picture is affected. How did the original come out before processing?
#3 and #4 I think the extreme HDR works pretty well with the scene. I think it just works with the neon lights and everything.
#5 Personally I wouldn't have done HDR with this photo. I don't think the scene has a big enough range of shadows and highlights for HDR to work very well.
#6, #7 and #8 I think these shots are interesting. #6 might be a bit much but the HDR brings out some interesting colors. The HDR works well with the concrete in #7 and #8 is a very interesting shot shot in general, imo.

Like I said, HDR isn't for everybody, especially a more extreme HDR like you have done here. Overall, I think the shots are good. That building looks amazing so you have an interesting subject and I like your composition. Good job.

Most reactions

Back