Temporary photo storage

hobbes28 said:
We have a device like that to store ours on at weddings and it comes in awefully handy.
Is this what you were referring to?

We were going back and forth over the two of them and just picked one. When it came down to it, the Epson was just over our price range and wasn't readily available. (We bought the RCA the same week the Epson was released).

perfect!! thanks!! :)

and have you have any bad experiences (loosing the images) yet?

Nope. *knocks on wood* It's just the same as our external hard drive but with an LCD. It has been great.

The thing that pushed us to get it too was the same sort of thing that Corry is looking into. We were going to go out and buy a few 1GB cards for the cameras but for the price of four of them, we could have a 40GB external reader/mp3 player/video player for trips. It's a little slow for the transfers but all in all, it was a great purchase.

Awesome. Thanks for the info!!

Portable storage device is definately the way to go. I have a 40gb flashtrax, its kinda odd looking but it works great. Kind of hard to run out of space for pictures. Looks like you have a lot of good ones to choose from given this thread :).

Well know that I'm home and have access to my bookmarks, I can get back into this discussion. Here are the ones I bookmarked last night...one or two of these have already been linked into this thread!

This one

This'n

...and the cheapest one yet

Now...since I don't know much about what I'm doing...anyone wanna take a look and help me compare these?

corry, all three look to be about the same at first glance.
The first one doesn't have a display(not sure how important that is to you).
The second and third look to be ok deals. Keep in mind I've not used any of these so I am just going on what your links showed. You really can't go wrong getting one. If I weren't such a nerd and built my own small external drives I would get one of these. I just keep a 60GB drive in the bag with my laptop and labeled it Photo Drive so nobody tries to use it.

*************EDIT***************

I just went back and checked on the battery life of them. Only the third one gives any battery life estimate, and that was up to two hours. I imagine the others are in the same range give or take a few minutes either way.

Big Mike said:
The concern I would have with that thing is stability/reliability. It's a hard drive so what happens if you drop it?
If you were worried about a single point of failure you could always get one like this thats writes to CD or DVD http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_burnaway_dvd.html burn 2 copies and mail one to yourself from the road. Thats just my paranoid side talking again :lmao:

kelox said:
I just went back and checked on the battery life of them. Only the third one gives any battery life estimate, and that was up to two hours. I imagine the others are in the same range give or take a few minutes either way.

Ok...wait...what does this mean then...it doesn't in any way mean that I'll lose my pictures once my batteries die, does it???? It just means I have two hours worth up upload time, right?

jcharcalla said:
If you were worried about a single point of failure you could always get one like this thats writes to CD or DVD http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_burnaway_dvd.html burn 2 copies and mail one to yourself from the road. Thats just my paranoid side talking again :lmao:

So...what if you get in a crash with the mail truck and both vehicles go up in flames and you lose both copies? What ya gonna do then, huh? :lmao:

core_17 said:
Ok...wait...what does this mean then...it doesn't in any way mean that I'll lose my pictures once my batteries die, does it???? It just means I have two hours worth up upload time, right?
No you won't loose a thing, you just have two hours of usable time with the drive to do data/photo transfers.

core_17 said:
So...what if you get in a crash with the mail truck and both vehicles go up in flames and you lose both copies? What ya gonna do then, huh? :lmao:
Most male drivers never worry about this happening, cause we're such excellent drivers:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back