Tentative Hello from Iowa!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Caity, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Caity

Caity TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi! My name is Caity, and I broke down and joined a photography forum after sitting here surrounded by manuals for my new flash and going "Eh?" LOL! I decided the only way I can learn is by asking questions... And going somewhere where people might already know what they are doing, haha!

I probably made myself sound like a fool, but I do have a somewhat decent grasp of digital photography... But it's all self taught. I'm ready to jump in and really get into it, and frankly there are a lot of things I just don't know! So basically you'll see me lurking and reading posts like mad... And probably sharing some of what I learn and my progress through my photos. (If I can work up the nerve to post!)

Right now I shoot with a Canon Rebel XTi, standard 18-55mm kit lens, a Sigma 28-300mm lens, and a wide angle nameless brand lens. I recently aquired a Canon 430EXII Speedlite... And that is where my trouble lies right now haha, trying to get the hang of how to work with an external flash. I also want to learn more about lighting... Up until now I've mostly worked with ambient and natural lights... Ie... The sun! :lol: I want to get more into studio lighting, but have only a very small understanding of how it works, and good set up ideas. I plan on taking over part of our basement and making an amateur studio, just for messing around in. We'll see though, I might be getting ahead of myself! I also am JUST starting to really grasp post production work... Like Photoshop and the like. I don't necessarily want to get too into that, but it's good to know!

Okay, other than all that... I'm a twenty year old girl with a love of animals, mostly my dog, rats, and rabbits. I am lucky to share my life with a lovely wife who is willing to be a subject in my photos about... Oh, 1/4 the time! We live in a rural area of Iowa and I work at a daycare center. Gotta love the kiddos!

Am I allowed to show off a few photos?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah! Here I am! :D

2. Photo Lady

Photo Lady No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    nice to meet you.. beautiful pics...all of them... love the rat... so cute.

3. Caity

Caity TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That's one of my girls, Iris. :) She's my best model haha.

4. wtdeane

wtdeane TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Lovely job Caity.

Composition on #1 and 4 is great.

Kudos.

Cheers,
    Tyler

5. Cat nt Tat's Dusky

Cat nt Tat's Dusky TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cheap model, inexpensive to feed, on call whenever you want.......:mrgreen:

Great shots!

6. mostly sunny

mostly sunny TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I may be asking you questions!!

7. Caity

Caity TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The shoot #4 was from was when my camera was new to me... And all I had was the Sigma lens. So all of that was very fly by the seat of my pants haha. Luckily my wife is a willing participant, and while not as cheap to feed as Iris, a good model and a tiny bit easier to direct! haha! If that shot had less DOF I'd be way happier. When I took that I had no idea what that meant though. :p Definitely a learning curve!

LOL Danielle! I don't know about that. Must of the shots I get are 99% luck! :p

8. GFreg

GFreg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF! Be sure to post your pics in the beginner discussion and gallery section if you haven't already. Much more traffic goes through there. Very nice shots that you have.