terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
And regrets she was so cheap she didn't do it till now!! :p

Okay, with Pentax MZ S in hand and various lenses, I went to Sweetwater State Park and blew off a roll of Kodak Ektochrome 100 slide film. I don't know why I have so many rolls of that stuff.

And I played with my shiny new circular polarizer at the lake:

normal_lake.jpg

Then wandered down to Sweetwater Creek and marveled how I could see through the muddy water:

normal_SWCreek.jpg

Then I broke out the tripod and set the shutter speed to about 4, f22 for the last few:

normal_SWCreek1.jpg

normal_SWCreek2.jpg

normal_SWCreek3.jpg

Polarizers rule! :wink:

I've bene looking at those and close up/macro filters....there arent any stupid candians selling good cheap ones of either...i hate buying stuff and paying in USD...such a pain.

photong said:
I've bene looking at those and close up/macro filters....there arent any stupid candians selling good cheap ones of either...i hate buying stuff and paying in USD...such a pain.

Have you checked Henry's?

or McBain Camera in Edmonton?

Big Mike said:
photong said:

Have you checked Henry's?

or McBain Camera in Edmonton?

Do they have online stores? Because if they don't, I can't get anything from them :( I've never heard of them.

blew off a roll of Kodak Ektochrome 100 slide film. I don't know why I have so many rolls of that stuff.

Cuz it's dirt cheap as far as slide film goes. I bought a brick of the stuff awhile back and it just won't go away. I use it as a workhorse film when dealing with skin tones.

Try that polarizer out with some super saturated film for the uber blue skies........

So you finally broke down terri? Did hell freeze over? ;)

Lovely pictures by that way. I really like the 3rd and last one. The rushing water and composition are really nice in those two pictures. The last one is especially nice with the mini whirlpool going on.

Harpper said:
So you finally broke down terri? Did hell freeze over? ;)

Lovely pictures by that way. I really like the 3rd and last one. The rushing water and composition are really nice in those two pictures. The last one is especially nice with the mini whirlpool going on.

Thank you! It's really a terrific little area and the water was up just after some heavy rains. :D

hee hee....it's terrible to be so cheap, isn't it? :p Spend all the bucks on quality lenses then too cheap to cough up filter money....it's embarrassing, really. :wink:

Yep - I have some really kickass Fuji slide film that's going on vacation with me. Now that I've run my test shots I am SO excited. :cheer:

I will have to spring for the warming filter next..... :twisted:

terri said:
hee hee....it's terrible to be so cheap, isn't it? :p Spend all the bucks on quality lenses then too cheap to cough up filter money....it's embarrassing, really. :wink:
Don't worry about it terri. Your secret is safe with me and the rest of the world who reads this forum. ;) Nobody else will ever know you are a cheapo. :D

Most reactions

Back