Terri!!! You'll be so proud!

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Terri!!! long time no talk... but I figured you need to get away from that boring "BS thread". hehehehe.

Ok... big news for me. I now have 2 Polaroid cameras!!! WOOOOO! yes - miss digital has converted to polaroid. hahaha.

So I have a boring old normal polaroid that takes 600 film that I've had for a few months now... but the other week i bought..... yes... wait for it... an sx-70! Woooo!

I found it in an antique store for $30 and bought it on the spot. Got it home and jammed in a pack of 600 film and miraculously it works!! my god it's hard holding a polarising filter in front of it though. hehehe. But I got some nice shots of the boys in the studio.

So yeah... i'm a little late on the whole sx-70 manipulation - but this camera is kick ass!!! I had no idea how automatic it is and... it has auto focus!! Wow! :drool:

So I'm excited!

that's all.

ALSO!!! I just opened the National Geographic for June. Check out pg 120 - It's an awesome IR photo of Arlington Cemetary.

Amazing!!!!

Hi Terri!!! long time no talk... but I figured you need to get away from that boring "BS thread". hehehehe.
:biglaugh: Oh, I just love you, Vicky....you always make me laugh.

Congrats on the P-cams! Now the light is beginning to come on, eh? They are just.too.fun. ;)

I'll have you hunting up one that shoots 669 film and begging me for info on image transfers before you know it. Just a matter of time..... :twisted:

So when do we get to see some of these new pictures? :)

And I've already been reading up on transfers.

And you'll see some shots soon - when I move my laptop over to the scanner and scan them in. hehehe. Woooo! I'm so excited!

Ok so here is the first ever polaroid I've taken:

Can anyone guess what it is?
IMG_scans_0013_web.jpg

hehehe.. ya, it's the bit of black cardboard that covers the film. It didn't pop out when I loaded the film for some reason and I didn't know that it had to come out - but anyway I figured it out and then pulled it out of the cartridge.

This is the second photo I took:
IMG_scans_0014_web.jpg

When I was pulling the card out it must've let some light in.

oh and here's the third one - aww aren't we cute... a little blurry coz my arm isn't long enough but cute. :)

IMG_scans_0015_web.jpg

:lol: Okay, so I'm not crazy about the first one.

I do, however, like the second one....what is it about 'the Polaroid', anyway? I have an immediate feeling of kinship and nostalgia when viewing this this little shot. The cars in the background, even the light leaks....he somehow looks superimposed in this image - and it's great! You just can't plan this stuff.

And yes, you're both very cute. ;)

Keep shooting, this camera is your friend.

ok... hmm... i think I've just discovered for myself that photo chemicals are bad for you......

oh and also emulsion transfers aren't possible with 600 film... oh and the fumes make you a bit dizzy and stuff.

anyway... *crawls on floor towards digital camera.... "oh why did I leave you?!"*

No no, Boo, you need 669 film for that. Bunches of cams still out there that take it.

Silly girl. Digital sux! :mrgreen:

What an excellent thread! Love that 1st Polaroid shot! :biglaugh:

Welcome to the lost world of Roid where everyone looks at you weird when you get your cam out! :lol:

Get some 690 film & try some transfers, you'll feel like a kid again! & get some 669 for emulsion lifts, to really try your patience & nerves! :lol:

Can anyone tell me why these things are so addictive? 10 shots just aren't enough! :x

Can anyone tell me why these things are so addictive? 10 shots just aren't enough! :-x
Only Polaroid may know.....and they ain't talking! :lol:

Chris, you should start a new thread and show us some of your recent stuff. I just love seeing what people can do with P-film. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back