Terri!!! You'll be so proud!

That means I'll have to set the scanner up again! :confused:

I have a few p-shots & transfers/lifts I quite like, but way more that I don't like! (or went wrong!) :lol:

Just bought an Image cam to play with and looking for more 669 film since my last pack is in the 304, waiting for sunny days & free time!

Also just extended the kitchen so what was a darkroom/utlity room is soon to become 1 bigger darkroom! And picked up another colour enlarger with all the electronic gubbins to set and measure prints/exposures! So I can have a B&W setup and colour at the same time! :biggrin:

Now can someone provide me with a good excuse for my wife why I need 3 enlargers! :confused: (The Durst may have to be packed away! :( )

Now can someone provide me with a good excuse for my wife why I need 3 enlargers! :confused: (The Durst may have to be packed away! :( )
Just explain to her that ultimately, it saves time. Don't pack away anything, not when you're this close to having more space! :lol: This is a crucial moment in your life, man!

Chris, I still want to see your lifts and transfers. I'm quite looking forward to it. :)

OK I promise I'll post one of them I particularly like, but first I'm setting out my extended darkroom! I have a "test" roll of Superia 120 through an old Halina A1 I want some prints from & can't wait!

Then I have a roll of Delta 3200 in the A1 now I'll want to process & print! So setting up the scanner may be a while off! :lol:

Just explain to her that ultimately, it saves time. Don't pack away anything, not when you're this close to having more space! :lol: This is a crucial moment in your life, man!

Chris, I still want to see your lifts and transfers. I'm quite looking forward to it. :)

:lol: I thought having children was a crucial moment, but getting away with 3 enlargers set up at the same time does come quite close!

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I like the idea of having a colour setup & a B&W setup out ready to use!

I quite fancy the idea of setting the Durst up to project onto the opposite wall for extra large prints but ATM I only have 1 tray big enough to process anything of any real size! Maybe later!!!...........

:lol: I thought having children was a crucial moment, but getting away with 3 enlargers set up at the same time does come quite close!
pfffft. Children grow up and leave you.

Long after they're gone, your trusty enlargers will still be there, loving you and making you feel good to be alive. :lovey:

ok im one of the idiots who tried to mess w/ the emulsion on some 600 film with my spectra pro. and yeah i got really confused because i couldn't figure out which thing to take out, so i took the transparency out instead of the gooey, stretchy grey thing. And ran some warmish water over the back and rubbed away for about a half an hour.

I got kind of a cool finished product, but it only looks cool if it's on a light table or held in front some sort of light source.

again I am one of those idiots who tried this w/ the wrong kind of film so let me know if this looks ridiculous.

(this is just sort of a test so it's not an image that i would usually pick out, it's my ceiling fan.)

sorry it's kinda big.

transparency.jpg

Looks cool!

It's been a while since I did it... but I remember that gooey grey thing you're talking about. I had a really hard time getting it to come off the clear plastic front in one piece... If I remember correctly... lighter colours stuck to the plastic a lot more than darker ones.

I can't remember getting a 'negative' bit out though... that's really interesting. I might try again... once I recover from my last try... and yep I'm still recovering after 10 months!!

".....gooey, stretchy grey thing...." okay, this is a family forum, Mack....oh, wait - you're describing something else. :lol:

I'm not sure what you're referring to, because if you attempted an emulsion lift you did want the "transparency" that holds the image - and it looks like you were successful. So however you did it, congrats! Type 669 film will be a piece of cake after this, if you ever try it. ;)

I'm not certain, but I don't think you'll have much luck getting this emulsion to stick to a new substrate, be it a paper base or piece of tile, etc. That's the main reason no one uses Type 600 - you can get the emulsion separated if you're careful (and you obviously did a good job, it's not even ripped) but it can't be transferred to anything, unfortunately.

Well im not 100% sure that i actually got the emulsion, because that part isn't even stretchy at all, it feels like overhead transparency paper w/ an image on it. I don't think i could have accidentally ripped it. I transfered it into black and white with a real scanner, instead of my cell phone, so here is what the finished product looks like.

ROID1.jpg

You would probably enjoy doing emulsion lifts with the 669 film - with this emulsion type, you can lift the entire emulsion off in hot water, separating it completely from the backing. By itself, the emulsion is very thin, delicate, transparent, and yes, stretchy. :lol: Handle it carefully or it can rip (though ripping can be done intentionally after you transfer it to another substrate).

You got an interesting result, and if you like the look you may want to explore it with a film type that is better suited for the technique.

Have fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back