The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of months ago, I bought a Canon Pro 100 (an unbelievable deal - printer and a box of 50 -13 x 19 Photo Paper Plus for $350 but with a 300 dollar rebate so printer and paper for very little more than the cost of the paper).

I had significant problems printing from both PS or LR (clipped margins, bad color) and, in the pressure of life, gave it up until now.
After calling Canon tech support, I got a very smart and helpful guy who talked me through:
1) updating drivers and
2) installing Canon Print Studio Pro

Since using Print Studio Pro, instead of the built-in printer modules, I have made half a dozen totally wonderful prints - color and tonality matches my screen.
(I use a medium high-end monitor and calibrate routinely with a Gretag MacBeth One Eye.)

canon download 1.jpg

Note the navigation bar on the right of the image below. The program allows all the adjustments you need and want to make. These defaults were suggested by the tech and worked perfectly for me.

canon 2 print studio pro.jpg

Printing from PS, you do not go through the print module.
Once you have selected the image you want, to print, go to File>Automation>Canon Print Studio Pro

Printing from LR, you do not go through the print module.
Once you have selected the image, from any module go to File>Plugin Extras>Canon Print Studio Pro

For me, the results were stunning.
There are paper profiles for all the Canon papers and you can download profiles for many many other papera

mmmhhhh ... worth looking into. I always print from a DTP program. That way I can easily adjust multiple borders to to make up the difference between the format of my image and the format of the paper.

There doesn't seem to be the ease of margin adjustments but, flushed with pleasure at the color, I haven't spent much time with the plugin yet.

Actually found the info on margins.
It turns out to be quite functional.

It is not super obvious how to get to the margins section but, once you set the general layout to anything but borderless, the margins parameters will appear below.

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : Print Studio Pro : Adjusting Margins

Last edited:
I am speaking of borders, not margins. I fill my margins with borders and my borders adjust to the any crop dimensions I choose. I find filling wide margins with multiple borders make a more pleasing presentation and the black borders are less competition for the eye than wide white border.

BORDERS2-L.jpg

Ah, i fill my margins with apricot marmalade.:1219:
But I think that your program is much more sophisticated than this one.

A couple of months ago, I bought a Canon Pro 100 (an unbelievable deal - printer and a box of 50 -13 x 19 Photo Paper Plus for $350 but with a 300 dollar rebate so printer and paper for very little more than the cost of the paper).

I had significant problems printing from both PS or LR (clipped margins, bad color) and, in the pressure of life, gave it up until now.
After calling Canon tech support, I got a very smart and helpful guy who talked me through:
1) updating drivers and
2) installing Canon Print Studio Pro

Since using Print Studio Pro, instead of the built-in printer modules, I have made half a dozen totally wonderful prints - color and tonality matches my screen.
(I use a medium high-end monitor and calibrate routinely with a Gretag MacBeth One Eye.)

View attachment 90176

Note the navigation bar on the right of the image below. The program allows all the adjustments you need and want to make. These defaults were suggested by the tech and worked perfectly for me.

View attachment 90177

Printing from PS, you do not go through the print module.
Once you have selected the image you want, to print, go to File>Automation>Canon Print Studio Pro

Printing from LR, you do not go through the print module.
Once you have selected the image, from any module go to File>Plugin Extras>Canon Print Studio Pro

For me, the results were stunning.
There are paper profiles for all the Canon papers and you can download profiles for many many other papera
Where did you get such a great deal, and is it still available?

There is a not quite so good deal from Adorama but shipping to Israel would be prohibitive.

The pro-100 is a marvelous printer, even for such a patzer like me.

Most reactions

Back