Terrorists planned on blowing up planes from UK to US!

I'm watching the news and it says the banned items are:
Beverages
Shampoo
Lotions
Creams
Toothpaste
Hair Gel
Contacts Solution
Stick Deodorant (it's safer than aerosol)
Chapstick
Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Concealer
Lipstick

The exceptions are:
Baby Formula
Breast Milk
Juice
Baby must be with you
Prescription Medicine
Insulin
Essential non-prescription medicine

They said there's a complete list online. I can't imagine what else could possibly be on the list!

at least they're allowing breast milk on-board, we can't have thousands of mothers leaving their t*ts at home while they go off on holiday.

I also feel alot safer knowing that "Baby must be with you" at all time, they cant be trusted on their own. turn your back on them for one minute and they're packing that diaper with explosives.

Soon they will be making us travel naked incase we try and garrotte the pilot with our pants

It all puts me off traveling by air. Not that i'm scared of being caught up in a terrorist attack. It's just that i hate queuing

nitefly said:
If only they'd make a rule where females have to be naked, and you have to pass a "fit or not" test to board the plane.

errrr...*click* we are experiecing turbulance...*click*

/passengers *YEAH!!*

:lmao:

So my flight actually got cancelled lastnight.

Bastards delayed the flight 3 hours before they told us.

I'm over it myself, but there was some pretty ****ed off people. I've never really understood the need for such anger towards an airline. **** happens. Who cares? Like I know it's vitally important that you get some much needed sleep, and that all you want to do is get home/catch your connecting flight, but the attendant just told everyone on a loud speaker that they'll pay for hotels/limos and make sure people get new connecting flights.

Sit down. Wait for the vouchers to be given out, and suck it up. Atleast you know the effing plane is working properly, and that the maintenance crew is actually doing their job.

Back to the Airport soon.

Try and catchup later. Hopefully when I'm IN England.

bace said:

I'm over it myself, but there was some pretty ****ed off people. I've never really understood the need for such anger towards an airline. **** happens. Who cares? Like I know it's vitally important that you get some much needed sleep, and that all you want to do is get home/catch your connecting flight, but the attendant just told everyone on a loud speaker that they'll pay for hotels/limos and make sure people get new connecting flights.

Sit down. Wait for the vouchers to be given out, and suck it up. Atleast you know the effing plane is working properly, and that the maintenance crew is actually doing their job.

ugh! What a disappointment, though. No one likes to be delayed. Here's hoping it's smooth sailing today. Give a shout when ya can! :)

Hope the flight today goes smoothly for you!

DepthAfield said:
More fear mongering from governments in the UK and US.

Don't blame the government, blame the blanking media for makeing such a huge deal out of it.
Last I checked, they are the ones who decide if news is fit to print!
(And I frequently disagree with them on their decisions! :p )

I know this is a very current issue and a touchy subject...but please try to keep this from degrading into a political debate.

Thank you.

Anyone know if they are planning to include cameras on the 'do not take-on-plane' list? Now, that would be serious!

bace said:

Good stuff base..... best to just suck it up..... and not be one of the ones complaining and making the situation more stressful for everyone.....
Just think, what would Bauer do?...... (actually scratch that..... he'd probably jump on the plane and shout 'take me to england NOW'...... followed by 'take off now or I WILL shoot you'........)

...... so yea the layed back approach is best :mrgreen:

I heard the in the UK they might already be putting small electronics (cell phones, I-pods, digital cameras etc) on the list...For now anyway. The news show also said that these things were not on the list, in Canada...for now.

It would be pretty terrible if we couldn't take things like cameras in the carry-on luggage. Especially since most airlines will not guarantee the safety of checked luggage (for the most part). I wouldn't want to check my camera gear, that's for sure.

Big Mike said:
I heard the in the UK they might already be putting small electronics (cell phones, I-pods, digital cameras etc) on the list...For now anyway. The news show also said that these things were not on the list, in Canada...for now.

It would be pretty terrible if we couldn't take things like cameras in the carry-on luggage. Especially since most airlines will not guarantee the safety of checked luggage (for the most part). I wouldn't want to check my camera gear, that's for sure.
From what I've read, if you're flying out of the UK, you can't carry anything except your wallet, passport, your glasses (but not in cases) and medicine you can prove you need for the length of the flight. Not even a newspaper. So kiss your camera goodbye. And some flights from the US TO the UK are making the same restrictions. I've been trying to figure out what to do the next time I fly there. Ship it ahead?

Here's a link to British Airways with their restrictions: https://lfn.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lfn.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2355&p_sid=VnAJyVei&p_lva=2350&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xMiZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTE%2A&p_li=#

I have a long haul flight to bloody Bangkok on the 28th! Are we allowed crayons on board? I hope so otherwise i will have nothing to do! Apparently books are banned too!! Is this true?

Are these problems only in the UK or is the restriction on hand luggage global?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back