test angel

To be perfectly honest it is no more than an inspired snapshot. I had a camera that I had built and needed to test. I drove there because it is about a quarter mile from my home.

I parked the car and walked over to shoot a shot of the angel. As I was passing I saw how the light was hitting her so I snapped it there. Then I continued on to shoot a landscape of the cemetary that was awful. Two pieces of film one shot that worked one that didn't.

So It wasn't a big planned it deal, just an inspired snapshot. I went out to make a picture of something. This just caught my eye. So again you got to be lucky sometimes.

mysteryscribe said:
As I was passing I saw how the light was hitting her so I snapped it there.

So you were lucky that the light was hitting her that way, but you shot it in the right angle and time.

Are you gonna make me twist your arm until you accept my compliments?

I figure it's kinda like a cab driver. Once you know your way around the town and the cab, it's just a matter of doing what you know how to do. Sometimes you get lucky and get the big tip. but usually you just keep driving that hack around and smiling.

I have been making pictures for a living one way or another for thirty years, until I retired recently. Now instead of making pictures because someone else wants them, I get to make them because I want them. I take the years of driving that cab with me, but I still feel its pure luck when I stumble on something worth shooting. It's not humble at all, I'm just a blue collar photographer.

As my wife said at the end of my studio days, "I was the walmart of custom photographers."

mysteryscribe said:
Price?????? lol Im no artist Im a hack just a guy doing a job I think. Regret that I cant work anymore but not that I was what i was

A hack? Do you mean like mass producing images with no feelings? Is that what you think about the angel image?

Ah then was a hack,,, now Im just shooting for fun... but I bring the hack talent to it.. LOL its all in how you see yourself. Im not modest at all, I just don't think that there is anything special in what I have done or can do. There is plenty of ego here they don't need mine to add to the pool.

By the way ego is a good thing if it stirs one to achieve more tomorrow. It is a bad thing when it prevent's one from seeing the truth. So no I'm still a hack who doesn't have to produce in order to send my kid to private school or to pay the mortage. Now I'm a hack out making inspired snapshots intuitively.

But alas enough of this, its beginning to sound like a blog... Thanks for the compliment deserved or not.

i think a scrumpled up flowery shirt and seriously scraggy hair is the way to be. I cant wait till i am old and grey so i can have insanely messy hair. you can do anything when you are a quinquagenarian - listen to any music, wear a silly hat....

jophassa said:
i think a scrumpled up flowery shirt and seriously scraggy hair is the way to be. I cant wait till i am old and grey so i can have insanely messy hair. you can do anything when you are a quinquagenarian - listen to any music, wear a silly hat....

Thank God for old age.........We do anything, anytime and to anyone!!:lmao:

it is a little centred
i'm agree.
you can do that with portraits, but not with an sculpture and trees behind.

or maybe...you can take pictures of sculptures like you do with portraits, giving them a "human" image. I took this photo some years ago:

pictfm2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back