zombiesniper

Furtographer Extraordinaire!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.trevorbaldwin.space
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn't find a thread for this. If there already is one I'll kill this one and add my $0.02 in that one.

What I am offering is for anyone that is on the fence about buying (from someone else/retailer. My gears not for sale) a specific piece of camera equipment that I own (and you are within driving distance to me......no shipping) is the ability to meet with me and use the gear to see if it is what you really need/want.

I would be willing to meet up and bring the requested gear so you could test it out.

I will keep my gear list up to date here.
My location is Petawawa Ontario Canada and I will travel up to a two hour drive.

Cameras.
Canon Rebel S II
Canon XS
Canon T5I
Canon 80D
Canon 7D MK 2

Lenses.
Canon 70-300mm F4-5.6 Auto focus does not work
Canon 70-200 F4L non IS
Canon 400mm F5.6 L
Canon 500mm F4 l Version 1

Flashes.
Newer 561 Speedlight 2x
Godox TT600 Speedlight

Godox DE300 Monolights x2
Godox FT-16 transmitter
Godox X1C Transmitter

Cowboy Studio 160 Monolights x4

Constant lighting
Godox SL-60
2X no name 160 LED video light panels

Various modifiers.

Last edited:
You're selling your gear?

No way.
This is just an opportunity for anyone that wants to test out a piece of equipment before they buy it from a retailer. This way they don't have to pay a rental fee or make a blind purchase.

You're selling your gear?
Why am I suddenly flashing back to John Belushi in Blues Brothers leaning over to the guy at the next table at a fancy restaurant and asking him if he wants to sell his children... lol

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

No way.
This is just an opportunity for anyone that wants to test out a piece of equipment before they buy it from a retailer. This way they don't have to pay a rental fee or make a blind purchase.
This is a very generous offer on your part. Thank you for that. I am probably not in the market for any Canon gear, but I'll keep that in mind.

Now if you decide to make this a business, you can acquire some other gear, including Nikon, Sony, Oly, etc., and then you would be overwhelmed with takers.

No way.
This just makes you even more awesome than I already thought you were.

I still get to come visit you guys without having to use the excuse to try your gear though right?

If you test drive a new Toyota as the local dealership they give you a toaster. What do I get if I test drive your gear? :biggrin-new:

Remember to take proper precautions when meeting the random nutters from the net ;)

A very generous and nice offer to make and certainly something well worth it for many who are on the fence about lenses and cameras (esp the higher end options!). It's something I've suggested people do when on the fence about purchases, which is to see if there's a local camera club or similar as often as not if there is one someone there can help out in a similar fashion.

This is especially true for bigger stuff or niche/expensive gear because many stores won't order in high value goods except for a sale. The profit margins are small enough that a regular shop can't order in a several thousand pound lens or camera for a trial - let alone two or three for a person to choose from. It's too much money all tied up on the chance of a purchase only (and that excludes those people who can't even afford but just want to play with).

Very generous. I offer a similar service to members of our Photo workshop, but I wouldn't drive for 2 hours to let someone play with my stuff!
Thank you.

Remember to take proper precautions when meeting the random nutters from the net ;)
I wouldn't worry. I'll only meet in very public locations.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back