Test = pretty sure I did this completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I X L R 8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
whatttt.jpg

Just wanted to see what it looked like after an upload.
They look different after uploading. Seems they lose something.

What color space are you saving them in?
(They should be sRGB for on-line posting.)

You don't have to post a new thread every time you want to "test" the quality of an uploaded photo. It's not going to lose resolution or quality if you link it to a post from imageshack or photobucket or whatever. It will look the same in this thread as it will on the hosting site.

Threads like this clutter the forum.

Oh, hey, Tyler,

Did you know there is actually a forum section for that?

Test Forum
Please use this forum to test things like attaching photos or links, or just to become more familiar with the board.

Oh, hey, Tyler,

Test Forum
Please use this forum to test things like attaching photos or links, or just to become more familiar with the board.

Oh hi, Bitter Jeweler!

I did know that, I just didn't care enough to actually take the time to include that in my post.

So thank you, my facially haired amigo.

Oh, hey, Tyler,

Test Forum

Have you ever worn clown shoes?
What about a big red nose?

Continue on with your vendetta.
I actually wasn't bothering anyone until you and the wannabe mod showed up.

Have fun with the Snobbery fest.

If you're sharing your tests on the internet, then presumably, you think that others will be interested in, or entertained, or able to learn from, or give comment to whatever it is that you're testing. So some background to the test image would be appropriate - what the test is about, what you think "should" happen, and what you observe to actually happen. Presumably, if the results of the test are not according to your expectation, you would ask the other members what they would do, think, or propose to do differently, based on your stated starting point and test objectives. As it is, I have a hard time understanding what the purpose of the test is, and what you hope to gain by sharing it with us, and what cotnribution we can make to help you. There is nothing wrong with posting tests per se - I've participated in many forum discussions where a member posted his test and we would give suggestions and comments, and the OP would work iteratively to a successful result. But it does help to know what the purpose of the test is, and what help we can give.

Oh, hey, Tyler,

Test Forum

Have you ever worn clown shoes?
What about a big red nose?

Continue on with your vendetta.
I actually wasn't bothering anyone until you and the wannabe mod showed up.

Have fun with the Snobbery fest.

Telling you in a tongue and cheek way that there is a specific forum for testing stuff is being a snob and having a vendetta? Wow.. ok.

Please indicate to the general posting public how you wish to be informed of mistakes you make.

If you get huffy over where you are posting, can't wait to see how you handle critiques of your work. :meh:

On your next test (and, yes - there is a specific section for that), resize first, and double check your color space (should be sRGB). See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back