Test Shots of Dogs.

BlackDog's

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.blackdogsphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok I picked up a new (used) Minolta/Konica Maxxum 7D and new Minolta lens and I've been playing with it. I think they turned out pretty nice but you know how that is. Wondering what you think.

Last edited:
Oh my! It looks like both pups need to be put on a diet. The first definitely needs a change, he has to be miserable!

could not agree more. you know iams makes food for the overweight k9

Ah the Minolta 7D I've been very happy with mine. Both seem a little out of focus, #1 more than #2.

Is this a photography forum or a pet health forum.

Wow, thanks guys for all that helpful advice on improving my photography skills. Next time I'll remember to seek out only skinny dogs to take pictures of because from this response I'm assuming that bigger dogs take bad pictures. :er:

The first dog is a female and I would never feed IAMs crap dog food to any of my dogs. My dogs deserve and receive better food than that. However, for those of you who've shown so much concern, she is on a weight loss program and gets lots of exercise. At 11 years old she is not miserable but very loved and very happy. She is very active but has a thyroid problem (for which she also is on a vet prescribed care plan).

The second dog is at perfect weight according to his vet.

But I can see from the majority of responses here that you all know a lot about photography and are very willing to share that knowledge. I've come to the right place to help me improve! :lol:

Doug, thanks for the helpful comments.

ugh yeah dog food and cat food, so many dry foods are mainly corn which is bad, the poor animals are meat eaters not vegetarians LOL and it doesn't help with the weight of some of the pets that dont get to go out side, Looks like Iams main ingredients is flour and corn....THATS BAD for those pf you who dont know

I think number 2 is best I love the slobber on his nose, reminds me of my parents old dog, a retriver, like a lab likes to drool, I like the background of number 2 also but I dont like how you can see the blue tag on his collar, it drew my eye to it straight away.

I think I would crop the first pic to be vertical, so less back ground, love how she is posing for you though.:)

Um, yea, sorry about not saying anything about the pictures, i was just in awe and forgot.

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean, it is just obese animals are all too common and people don't realize how serious it can be. Props for you for realizing it is a serious issue.

Also glad to hear you think Iams is crap, it is! As well as Eukanuba, Science Diet and any others you can buy at walmart or your local grocery store. Check out www.dogfoodanalysis.com or www.dogfoodproject.org for more information on dog food.
I realize this isn't a pet health forum but most people don't know how bad most dog food really is and one can never have too much education.

By the way, I do like both pictures, especially the slobber in the second one, it shows a personality that isn't usually shown in pictures.

By the way, I do like both pictures, especially the slobber in the second one, it shows a personality that isn't usually shown in pictures.

I like the slobber too! It makes him seem more endearing. Of course, with owning Boxers, it is a good thing we don't mind slobbering isn't it? :lol:

umm both are okay shots imo. the first one would probably be better if the dog wasn't centered. maybe the blue tag could be moved to a corner. keep practicing.

Most reactions

Back