Test

TravTheMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! So I recently had my Canon 35mm camera stolen from my car. I had been planning to buy a DSLR for a while but now I'm thrown straight into the mix. I'll be honest, I'm a student and I'm a little cheap.

I'm currently looking at the Canon XTi and XT. Right now I'm leaning a little to the XT so I can buy an additional EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 II USM to go along with the standard EF 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM. Is that a good idea?

I've heard a lot that the lense is more important than the body so I thought it would be smart to stick to the XT and get the extra lense. Also, if you have any other camera bodies or kits that you think are a better way, let me know. Unfortunately, the XTi is just about the ceiling when it comes to price ranges though.

Also, I'm a big landscaper and love to hike and backpack so I'm looking to get a travel tripod also. Right now I'm fixed on the Slik Sprint Pro for about 80 bucks which is a pretty good deal to me. It's got a ball head and a 5.5 lb load capacity and an acceptable max height 65''. My only worry is that it might not be able to hold the XT or XTi with the 55-200mm lense so I'm open to other opinions as well. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/...Navigation
Thank you and any feedback is much appreciated!

Most reactions

Back