Testing moon shot - prepping for next week

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nkon D300
Nikkor 300mm f/4 with TC17II (510mm eq.)
Manual Mode
ISO 200
Aperture f/8
Shutter 1/160
PP - cropped!, slight levels and curves adjust / (first attempt at high pass filter / soft light blend)

D30_0166_edited-1.jpg

Help on PP would be nice.

Damn! That is an awesome shot!

Just have to keep flaunting that camera don't ya! ;)

Thanks leila and lifeafter2am.

Guess that means I'm onto something?

(just read your second line la2...it's probably gonna get worse before it gets worser :lol:)

(just read your second line la2...it's probably gonna get worse before it gets worser :lol:)

Yeah, I am calling my insurance company tomorrow. Now you have me looking at another lens too! :)

Wow, what a sweet shot! Lookit all that detail in the craters. Well done.

Help on PP would be nice.

Great image!

Ok i thought id take a look at this in PS. Here you can see the before and after, this is something like how i would process the shot...

before:

D30_0166_edited-1.jpg

After:

D30_0166_edited-1copy.jpg

Here's what i did:

Duplicate layer > High Pass Filter set to around 50 > reduce opacity to around 40% - used a layer mask to fade back any uneven sharpness.

On the original layer > Image > adjust > Replace colour - Then select the brownish cast and reduce saturation, also adjust lightness.

Then flatten layers > Duplicate layer > Filter > sharpen > smart sharpen - gave it some umph with the sharpness around 88 with 1 radius.

Layer mask this layer and soften any hot areas.

Thats it really, i think you managed to capture plenty of detail with your set up, so this is just to bring it out a little more. ;)

Test passed with honours, I should say!

Wow, thanks folks for all your kind words, and to Arch for the PP help.

I took some more last night earlier in the evening hoping to get a different perspective. Before I uploaded, I tried Arch's suggestions. I don't think I got eveything mentioned, but here is one result.

moonD300-2.jpg

Thanks again.

Wow, these are NICE! Great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back