Testing new cam with trees and flowers

Thomas Frank

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some pictures I took with my new Canon Powershot a590.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

did I post these too big?

I agree with Luna - 6 would have been a good shot like 4 if you had managed to get it as sharp. I also agree that with minimal editing 4 can be boosted up to look much better than it already does -- I think you need to work a little on finding really interesting things and angles to shoot from.
Technically speaking most of the shots are fine = barring 1 and 6 which Luna pointed out. The rest have that technical quality but no artistic lean to them

On number 4, I'm guessing the editing that needs to be done is to sharpen up the back end of the flower and possibly do something with the background? Maybe put a black blur on the edges?

you could try, personally though I think the background is going to be busy no matter what you try - you might blurr it a little, but not overly much.
As for the plant I would not selectivly sharpen the back, but the whole plant at once which would keep it all within the same proportions to each other - selecitve sharpening can lead to unatural looking shots at times

Most reactions

New Topics

Back