Testing new Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-S Macro (three shots)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I just received my new macro lens, the Nikon 60mm f/2.8 AF-S. It is my first ever macro lens, so I'm still getting used to it and whatnot, but this is just about the sharpest lens I've ever used. Here are some quick shots I took with it.

Inner Lily:
_DSC7182.jpg

My fingertip (not for artistic purposes, haha):
_DSC7221.jpg

Creeping Jew (it's the name of the plant, apparently, sorry...):
_DSC7244.jpg

Wow, that shot of your finger really shows off this lens. It's got packing some power it looks like!

Wow, that shot of your finger really shows off this lens. It's got packing some power it looks like!

My finger was literally pressed against the lens hood haha. And the hood is about 1.5" long, so, yeah, I guess you could say the thing is a close-focuser. So close that you can't even light things that well, haha.

Damn, very cool!! That is the lens I'm looking to pick up sometime when I get some cash :) That first shot is BOSS!! :D

Damn, very cool!! That is the lens I'm looking to pick up sometime when I get some cash :) That first shot is BOSS!! :D

Thank you much, kelly. Much appreciated.

It's a wicked lens, I highly recommend it.

And thank you, I like the first shot too. The macro thing is fun as hell. It opens up a whole new world, really.

nice lens and camera :)

Why thank you.

I am loving the lens so far. I hope Nikon releases an updated 200mm version, I could use the length, and the 105 didn't appeal to me that much due to various optical issues I've read about.

And the camera is a good time, that's for sure. I love it.

Thanks again for the comment. :]

Most reactions

Back