Tethering 300D to a Mac?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by CBRfanatic, May 15, 2007.

1. CBRfanatic

CBRfanatic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Is there anything available to tether my 300hakD to my mac to control the functions and shoot directly to it to view and save to HD? Preferable freeware or not too expensive?

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've shoot 5D's and 1Ds's tethered using the Canon software on macs before and it really blows.

Try a trial version of Capture One, THAT is tethering software. Just use that and a firewire or USB cable and you should be good to go.

3. CBRfanatic

CBRfanatic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank You very much Sw1tch for you reply. been using the 300 now for years......until the mark III hits shelves :D

4. CBRfanatic

CBRfanatic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i just downloaded and tried it out, it dosnt actually let me control the camera from the computer and shoot straight to screen, isnt that tethering? Capture one seems to be a post process workstation just like aperture or lightroom which i already have.

5. Mohain

Mohain TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I can tether my Canon 30D to my laptop using the Canon Utilities software that came bundled with the camera. That allows you to control the camera from the computer, downloads the images to the hard disk and previews the full sized images immediately.

6. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can still use canon utilities if you want to do that, but I like to use the camera instead of the computer when i'm shooting. when I shoot tethered I also try to do my post-production while I shoot. It saves me time that way. I'll shoot, someone else will set up the next set, while they're doing that, i'm doing my color correction, by the time i'm done, the set is usually pretty close to ready, shoot, wash rinse, repeat.

7. CBRfanatic

CBRfanatic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Once again thanks Sw1tch and mohain, last question i promise, lol, where can i post a good amount of my pictures here for everyone to see them and make me feel accomplished or something, lol? I just turned 20 and everyone says i have a nak for photo taking so i want to see how i good or bad i really am...

also, i just ran through the box that my rebel kit to look for the eos utility disc, i cant find it, is there anywhere i can download it or something, ill post a pic of my kit box to verify if needed.

8. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    just post them up on here