Teton County Fair 05

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by craig, Jul 29, 2005.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Not trying to say a whole lot with this one. A lot like fireworks and some sunsets. Mostly shooting for colour blur and fun stuff like that. None the less I would like to read what you guys think. I also think that it is Fair 05 season across the nation so hopefully I am starting a trend here.

Nikon D1 1/4 sec @ ƒ10 22mm ƒocal length. Flash on Slow Manual.

[​IMG]

2. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

I like the movement you've captured here craig...my one complaint would be that the 'z' in zipper has been cut off...I might have been nice to have the whole title of the ride in it. I hope you've started a trend here too...fair starts this weekend here and lasts two weeks, so I'm goin up to join you in your new tradition :)

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with Amanda. I love the tight crop, but it would be better for me to see just a tad more along the bottom. It's a minor nitpick, though.

I love the action, the blur, the colors..... ugh, it's just hard for me to look at this ride, since I got vertigo and about lost it the last time I was on one. :lol: It's an evil ride.

4. John the Greek

John the Greek TPF Noob!

haha the zipper!!... I remember this ride growing up in Long Island... this was THE thrill ride at most small carnivals/fairs.. oh man good memories. Great capture and idea too, I suggest you get a slow shutter speed shot of the GRAVITRON as well, that would yield interesting results.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice,

I have two days left to go to our fair (Klondike Days) and I've been thinking about bringing the camera and even the tripod to get shots like this...however, it has rained everyday at some point and I'm afraid of getting caught in a down poor with my gear.

Plus...I'd like to get some shots of the carnies....small hands, smell like cabbage. :lol:

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Thanks gang!!! The shot is basically full frame, so the Z would need a reshoot. This was the first year that I used the Slow flash. I recommend it. At least for a couple of frames. I did shoot the gravitron. Starship in this case. I will post it in the general gallery.

Big mike hit on a couple of interesting points. We had thunderstorms last night. I kicked myself for not showing up an hour earlier. A dramatic sunset behind the Zipper would of made for a precious shot. The folks working these Midway's are fascinating to me. Aperture Books needs to pay me to take a year off and follow carnie's. A dear friend of mine was a carnie for a couple of months. From his stories and from what I could gather; these people are tough to say the least. I am not sure if rolling through and shooting is the way to go.