Teton Pass 1st (?) snow.

Discussion in 'General Critical Analysis' started by craig, Oct 5, 2007.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Yes it is beginning to snow here in the high country. Shot with the trusty Coolpix 5200. The D200 barely fits in the center console of my Jeep. Plus I have been so busy at work that I refuse to pick it up on my time off. At any rate I am making the transition from my iMac using CS to my new one with Lightroom. Looking for specifics on contrast and colour. I like the composition, but I am slightly weirded out by the camera's almost square format. So spill some details on the crop as well.

Keep in mind that is was generally a grey day because of the weather.

Love & Bass

PassIce
    [​IMG]

2. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

looks like a snapshot. composition doesn't look planned. the tree tops are missing, the focus is the sign that is snow encrusted, but there isn't anything else of interest.

i might have shot it vertical with the sign on the right hand side, and perhaps the road in the rest of the picture? hard to say since i can't see what else is there, but the half trees are more distracting than helpful.

in regards to contrast and color, it's ok, nothing wrong with it that i can see, the pole looks muddy in focus, the dirt is dirt colored, overcast sky is blown out color, snow is snow colored and the trees are tree color.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Cool, Thanks for the reply.

Love & Bass

4. 391615

391615 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think the signpost is an eyesore, and the trees are half shot, which makes it look odd. I also don't see any interest in the shot, nothing leaps out at me wanting me to keep looking. maybe if that ditch was a small creek, or something detailed and interesting, it would be a good shot.

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Thanks! I have a thing for road signs.

Love & Bass