Texan Sky

Tom24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
339%3A283923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B63%3D4%3B3%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A7%3A49336ot1lsi

Snapped this shot along roadside in Texas. Couldnt beleive the sky down there.

Very nice :) We DO have some lovely skies!

I think it might look a bit better with the bottom cropped just a bit more so that the horizon line isn't so much in the middle as it is now. Regardless, very nice capturing of our sky!

tis indeed a lovely sky.

What i find unusual and really like about this photo is the way the powerlines divide up the horizon. I can't say that i ususually like powerlines, but hey, they work quite well here!

I think it gives the picture a subtle geometric feeling- maybe even like pieces of a puzzle to the majestic sky. :thumbsup:

do agree with lungfarmer perhaps crop abit from the bottom. but other than that, nice work!!

vonnagy said:
tis indeed a lovely sky.

What i find unusual and really like about this photo is the way the powerlines divide up the horizon. I can't say that i ususually like powerlines, but hey, they work quite well here!

Nice shot! I did'nt even notice the power lines until vonnagy mentioned them.

LeeDogg said:
vonnagy said:
tis indeed a lovely sky.

Nice shot! I did'nt even notice the power lines until vonnagy mentioned them.
Yeah, way to go vonnagy...just ruin the picture for the rest of us. :wink: Just kidding. The powerlines actually add to the picture for me since the clouds have so many lines themselves. The powerlines seem to fit in that chaos of clouds. Nice picture Tom and welcome to the forum!

Power lines? POWER LINES???
It must be old age - or something other, but even though I might be straining my eyes like this :shock: , I don't see them!

I still like the photo, Tom. Wonderful colour. Amazing.
We hardly ever get to see interesting skies like this one where I am.

crosmill said:
Could someone explain powerlines please?
They are very hard to see but once you see them you can't miss them. There are 4 thin black powerlines. Just look for 4 thin black gridlines in the lower half of the sky. Can you see them now?

yup- nice shot. very nice. love the cloud shapes...

what i find interesting about the powerlines is the writing on them. i can't quite make out the fourth symbol there...

Osmer_Toby said:
yup- nice shot. very nice. love the cloud shapes...

what i find interesting about the powerlines is the writing on them. i can't quite make out the fourth symbol there...

I think thats a small bird. Looks like a robbin, maybe a dove.

Harpper said:
crosmill said:
Could someone explain powerlines please?
They are very hard to see but once you see them you can't miss them. There are 4 thin black powerlines. Just look for 4 thin black gridlines in the lower half of the sky. Can you see them now?

OK, I see them but surely there an error when the photo was being developed?

And why are they called 'Power'?

all i have to say is :p :p :p :p :green to: to your powerline comments! :mrgreen:

sheesh, i got laser surgery last month and now i can see nearly everything!
:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back