Texans aren't used to this!!

56 here :mrgreen:

LaFoto said:
So you get all the unusual waves of cold air in areas where you are not used to it? And we have just gone through the "warmest month of November ever been recorded" with springlike temperatures for most of the time and not the littlest sight of snow (and last year in November we had loads, so much actually, that parts of Germany felt like desaster had struck!). The weather is going mad all over the world these days, I think ;).

Here in IL, we had record temps for November too...just two days ago it was 60F. Today we're BURIED in a snowstorm!!!! Schools and many businesses are closed....ours is closed basically, too, but I've gotta do payroll.

I woke up with a quarter inch of ice across the entire surface of my car. Couldn't even open the door until I broke through it. Yeah, that's fun.

Tiberius said:
I woke up with a quarter inch of ice across the entire surface of my car. Couldn't even open the door until I broke through it. Yeah, that's fun.
When I lived in Michigan, I sometimes had to carry a cup of warm water with me walking out to my car, so I could pour it over the lock just to get my key in.

Of course, I don't worry about such anymore, down here in the south. :mrgreen:

It's fixing to turn colder here, but I have plenty of chopped wood outside my door for the fireplace. I ain't skeered!

terri said:
I ain't skeered!

LOL I love that phrase!!!! It's showing 35 here but I wish it was as cold as it was yesterday... I love the cold... I always say... "There is only so much you can take off, but you can almost always put more on."

terri said:
When I lived in Michigan, I sometimes had to carry a cup of warm water with me walking out to my car, so I could pour it over the lock just to get my key in.

Of course, I don't worry about such anymore, down here in the south. :mrgreen:

It's fixing to turn colder here, but I have plenty of chopped wood outside my door for the fireplace. I ain't skeered!

Ok...so y'all will prolly make fun of me for this...but when I got to work, the door was frozen over. Took me several minutes to get in...had to beat the ice off the door and the knob, then work the key in...but it was frozen inside the lock...so...I put the key in my mouth and warmed it up! :lol: AND IT WORKED! Took a few times, but it got a little further in the lock each time. Oh, and thank the lord for Listerine pocket mist. :p

Hey...listerine has alcohol in it, doesn't it? I wonder if that woulda melted it?

Wimpy southerners ;) ...40 is warm for winter in the Midwest. Check out what it is here now where I live.

Cold.jpg

Nurd said:
I just moved from Texas to Wyoming in May..and man..I gotta tell you, 25 degrees is NOT what I came here for lol. It's sooo cold. :( I miss texas, with all the trees and and and aminals and and all that stuffs.
I don't know what part of the state you live in, but having spent a considerable amount of time in the north, northeastern and central portions of Wyoming this September, and having also visited Texas, I really don't see anything to complain about. All the areas of Wyoming I visited were absolutely stunning. Ever since that visit I've been trying to find a way to get rich so I can move there.

:hail:Wyoming:hail:

I hate it when it's so cold that it could snow but it doesn't. I would rather it snow when it's that cold than for it to just be that cold.
Does that make sense.....??? :confused:

Missouri wins again littleman....we now have four inches of ice, a foot of snow on top of that, and our high temp for the day should be a warm 17 degrees...yep Missouri wins again!!!

noname said:
Missouri wins again littleman....we now have four inches of ice, a foot of snow on top of that, and our high temp for the day should be a warm 17 degrees...yep Missouri wins again!!!
wins or loses?

well, it does live up to it's name... misery. :wink:

noname said:

I wish I was there... hmmm... :drool: ... snow...............................

Most reactions

New Topics

Back