TEXAS BABY!

Courtyard by Joe's Crab Shack in West End...got it.

Now...what TIME will we meet on Friday? Joe, Sky and I plan on getting up there sometime around 3-4ish (I think...and that's going directly to the Hotel de Chase)....So....maybe Friday night should be night shooting and dinner somewhere (like PF Chang's ;)) What do y'all think? What would be a good time to meet for that? 5 or 6?

EDIT: Is this the one, Chase? It's the only one that came up for Dallas.

http://www.joescrabshack.com/pages/...us=10&searchQuantifier=AND&search2=1&x=67&y=5

If so, what would be the nearest parking, so we can find driving directions directly to that?

Joe's Crab Shack, West End

Address:
2001 N Lamar
Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75202
Phone: 214-220-0404

If I remember correctly, I usually park in one of the lots right by the corner of Lamar and Ross. There are several lots along Lamar and a multi-level parking garage right about where Lamar crosses under Woodall Rodgers Fwy. Parking is generally $5 for the day.

Deep Ellum is a hot point for photography in general. Gritty, real, and lots of grafitti.
Let me know if you would like to hook up there, and I can find us a location.
Hugs,
Cindy

A lot of Deep Ellum's graffiti art has been destroyed as of late. The city is forcing business owners to paint over it, or face a fine. I also don't recommend being in Deep Ellum after dark. My best friend and Dallas SWAT sniper doesn't take his wife down there anymore....

There is a very real chance that I may be without a rig for that weekend. I'm selling my XT and getting a 30D, and I have to have the money for the XT before I can order the 30D. :(

Robert if you want a loaner camera let me know. Aubrey and I aren't going to be there on Friday night or during the day on Saturday and we have two cameras between us. I'd be happy to meet up with you someplace to get it to you. I shoot the Canon 10D and you're welcome to borrow it for the day if you'd like :)

Uh...yeah...I don't really wanna go anywhere that I'm gonna get killed. And Robert, I hope you'll still come!!!!

Yeah. Deep Ellum is ok during the day with a group of people. There is a coffee shop down there I loved called Insomniac... hehe..

Ok.....since no one else is speaking up to set a time, I will!

Friday, we're meeting in the courtyard by Joe's Crab Shack

This is the address of Joe's Crab Shack:

Joe's Crab Shack, West End

Address:
2001 N Lamar
Suite 150
Dallas, TX 75202
Phone: 214-220-0404

We'll meet at 5pm on Friday. Any objections?

Those of you that haven't already been to meetups, and haven't exchanged phone numbers probably should do that now....just pm it to me or Chase or both of us, and we'll give you ours. (yes, Chase, I just volunteered you)

Corry, just a thought but.. the people that live around here have to work Friday.. you might want to push that time back a bit....

We may need to rethink meeting in downtown on Friday. SOME of us have to work Friday :razz:

I'm thinking we meet there around early lunchtime on Saturday and spend the day (and possibly a bit after dark) and figure something else out for Friday.

Ok...well...decide something then! I just picked a time cuz no one else was!

I figured we'd do nightshooting on Friday.

Most reactions

Back