Texas Rodeo Action

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from a Barrell Race I worked last weekend and got a few shots while I was there.Going to another one this weekend and would like any c/c to make my shots better.I always appreciate the positive feedback but could use a little more of the constuctive critisism to help guide me in the right direction.Let me know waht you think about them.

DSC06311.jpg

DSC06292.jpg

DSC06284.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

DSC06197crop.jpg

DSC06119.jpg

DSC06120crop.jpg

DSC06067crop.jpg

DSC05942crop.jpg

#1: I like it, colors are nice, dof is nice, really crisp, I'd like to see the other side of the action (the barrel is a bit distracting), but whatcha gonna do...:wink:

#2: Like the action, don't like the crop (head chop)

#3: Great capture, love the sharpness, saturation, and dof

#4: Technically nice, not my cup of tea

#5: MY FAVORITE. Nice marriage of technicals and action/composition. A little underexposed on the horse (who cares about the background), but I really like it. Let me stress this again...I really like this one. :D

#6-9 All nice, I like #7 the best of these because both the horse and the girl are in visually 'pleasing' positions (you can see the rider's face, and the horse looks majestic, not contorted).

Thanks for the input and critisism:thumbup: That is excatly what I am lookin for:thumbup:

I agree with alot of the comments you made here and included some pics that arent my favorites just to get another opinion other than my own.

Thanks again:thumbup:

I agree with most of what gmarquez said, except for the bit on the contorted horses, I think that's when they look best.

my favourites would have to be 3 and 7

I think 4 would be better if she wanst centred in the frame.

I think with 9 - its a really nice action shot, but because its a black horse and the sun was on the other side, you dont get any defination of the horses muscles. So next time take it from the other side if you can. If it were a chestnut, you probably wouldnt have had the issue but.

Thanks elle,More good input.
I cant move around as I am there for medical standby and my gate is right next to me as is all my gear,Oh and I am facing east so early morning is kinda rough.

Anyone else have anything to say? Please:wink:

I like them! Nice shots, you need to find the girls afterwards and try to sell them your shots ! :D
Horse people pay bunches for good pics of them and their horses!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back