Texas Storms Yesterday (14/12/07)...

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been watching this storm since last Sunday. I just wanted to say to all those that live in the north western to north eastern Texas that I pray that you all are alright. They have reported 3" hail in some parts of Dallas and a couple of tornados. Though it can be a photographic moment for crazy people like myself... It's not for most others.

Ugghhhh i miss crappy weather, Im in NYC right now and there is suposed to be a "huge" storm comin tomorrow (sunday) but I dont think its goingt to be too bad Ive probably been through worst.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, HOW DO I SHOOT RAIN?

I try to shoot rain but it doesnt show in my pictures. Do i need to expose longer? or Faster? or what?

thx.

use a flash gun to freeze the drops or a slow shutter speed to create long lines of rain

I saw that on Sky News this morning. Looks like some folks got their lives well and truly trashed - hope they all got out in one piece.

>;o))

It hailed pretty bad last night here in South Texas... but nothing too bad.

I'm glad you are alright. You are the only one on this forum that is from TX that I know (all though I'm sure there is more I just haven't noticed). My sister lives in Dallas and they got some pretty good rain. A tornado touched down about ten miles north of them.

I'm glad you are alright. You are the only one on this forum that is from TX that I know (all though I'm sure there is more I just haven't noticed). My sister lives in Dallas and they got some pretty good rain. A tornado touched down about ten miles north of them.

THere are a TON of Texans here...I'm one (though I'm currently in college in Baltimore)

My family lives in Houston...was there any damage there?

Most all the damage was confined to the dallas area and west.Aot in the panhandle.When the storm came through east Tx area here it just rained and that was about it.Nothing spectacular at all.I dont think any thing got far enough south to hit houston.

Well a tornado touched down by my house and the sirens were going off and everything. Well I decided I should go out and take pictures...

This was the tornado brewing. The clouds were going in circles in the middle and it had started to form...
storm1oi6.jpg

This is how the clouds looked before the hail...
storm2dd7.jpg

Most all the damage was confined to the dallas area and west.Aot in the panhandle.When the storm came through east Tx area here it just rained and that was about it.Nothing spectacular at all.I dont think any thing got far enough south to hit houston.

Thanks. I should call home anyways :)

Well a tornado touched down by my house and the sirens were going off and everything. Well I decided I should go out and take pictures...

This was the tornado brewing. The clouds were going in circles in the middle and it had started to form...
storm1oi6.jpg

This is how the clouds looked before the hail...
storm2dd7.jpg

Do you live in or near Big Bend, Texas? I was tracking this storm all day and I could tell from radar that there was some rotation in that area. I'm pretty sure that's were my brother in law (he lives in Arlington) said there was one as well. What sized hail did you get?

clarinetJWD said:
THere are a TON of Texans here...I'm one (though I'm currently in college in Baltimore)

My family lives in Houston...was there any damage there?

I know there was more, but littleman was the only one that I knew of... I'm glad that most everyone that is on this sight ended up ok. As far as what the storm chasers were saying on another form, most of this day was a disapointment. Some saw a rather larger wedge tornado in Seymore, TX though.

Do you live in or near Big Bend, Texas? I was tracking this storm all day and I could tell from radar that there was some rotation in that area. I'm pretty sure that's were my brother in law (he lives in Arlington) said there was one as well. What sized hail did you get?

I live in Burleson which isn't very far from Arlington (i work in arlington). We got 1 1/2" - 2" hail here but it didnt hail for very long.

My parent's live about 10-15 min from the area that got the worse, Haltom City.. I headed out that way the day after the storm/tornados and got some after shots of the damage (nothing fascinating, just quick pix). We didn't get anything that bad in our side of the metroplex.. just rain:

DSCN6204.jpg

DSCN6207.jpg

DSCN6209.jpg

DSCN6196.jpg

DSCN6195.jpg

DSCN6194.jpg

DSCN6193.jpg

This fell from atop a power line
DSCN6188.jpg

DSCN6180.jpg

DSCN6179.jpg

DSCN6178.jpg