Texas Sunset in HDR... C&C Please...

taknbyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This image was taken with 6 different exposures. C&C is very welcome. This is only my 2nd HDR. Thanks. :D

IMG_7010_1_2_3_4_5_tonemapped_2.jpg

Is HDR a fad? hasnt it been around for about 20 years?

I like the picture!

I think it's a nice picture, although I don't think the lens flare adds anything, and the horizon is a bit tilted to the left.

Generally I like lens flare if used well (and it can be), but I agree that it doesn't add anything here. But that is beside the point. I like it. I think it's a tad bit dark, but over all a good shot.

it's a nice shot, though my opinion is that something in the foreground to add interest would help the photo a lot

The clouds are over done. There is no way they could be that dark in the middle and that lite on the edges.

The lens flair is distracting too, otherwise it's a pretty good effort.

The clouds are over done. There is no way they could be that dark in the middle and that lite on the edges.

The lens flair is distracting too, otherwise it's a pretty good effort.

while maybe not QUITE this dark... the sky yesterday here was pretty darn similar to this. dark clouds w/ some blue sky scattered through, the sun shine creating rays and a glow around the edge of the clouds. i snapped a pic, ill post it later :thumbup:

I Hate the whole hdr fad. But that's a cool shot.

way to follow the pact...

So do you hate over TONE MAPPED images or just anything with a higher dynamic range?

I HATE when people think tone mapping IS HDR.

I think it is definitely the right idea for that style of editing but along with others I'm not a fan of that lens flare. Nothing "grabs" my eye in this picture or nothing really stands out to me. Once you get the right picture I think you will be well on your way!

Most reactions

Back