Thailand, C&C Please!!!

caitycaitycaity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to put together a set of 3 photos to give to my sister and her fiance for their wedding. Seeing as they are going to Thailand for their honeymoon and I just got back, I thought it would be nice to give them some shots that I took there. I am going to get them printed on canvas. I really want some comments on my conversion to B&W in these shots, whether they go together, whether I should crop any bits out and so on. Thanks!

s2y5tw.jpg

xng1hy.jpg

nxj15i.jpg

Everyone is different, but on my B&W shots I prefer more contrast. I did a quick edit on one, hope you don't mind. This is how I would like it.

s2y5tw.jpg

Everyone is different, but on my B&W shots I prefer more contrast. I did a quick edit on one, hope you don't mind. This is how I would like it.

I wanted more detail like your edit, but when I up the contrast, it just makes the blacks darker and the whites lighter, I don't get that increase in detail that I see in yours... I can especially see the difference in the wing belt thing and the statue's face. I like it.

I like the first 2 of your original post, but I think the third doesn't quite measure up. The shy is blown out.

If you're looking at a "series" I would go with the first 2 and add another "closeup detail" type of shot you may have. That would make for a nice set of three to go on a wall.

BTW, I do like the second version with more contrast as well.

i agree with eric. so a little contrast and curves adjustment to make them darker would benefit, in my eye anyway.

the budha in the tree is a great shot, even though it's centered. i can see that one in a yoga studio somewhere.

I like the first 2 of your original post, but I think the third doesn't quite measure up. The shy is blown out.

If you're looking at a "series" I would go with the first 2 and add another "closeup detail" type of shot you may have. That would make for a nice set of three to go on a wall.

I love the third... do you think if I play with the contrast and highlights a bit it could work?

I don't really have any other "closeup detail" type shots that I love in particular... but I'll see if I can work with something I have... THANKS!!!

Did you perhaps visit the nikon lens factory while you were there! lmao

I am not particularly fond of this photo, lines are straight etc... thoughts?

zoeru0.jpg

Here is my stab at the third one. I also cropped a bit out of the sky. See how you like it.

nxj15i.jpg

Smaller file sizes would be really helpful. Waiting for those huge images to load up is a pain.

Smaller file sizes would be really helpful. Waiting for those huge images to load up is a pain.

a have a medium speed internet connection and they load ok. what are you on?

I have a pretty good speed connection but the first time I opened the thread waiting for them to load was no fun. Also I think it says somewhere in the rules about very large photos but not 100% on that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back