Thank you honest forum dewellers ...

jajomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(LMAO....DWELLERS...)

So over these last few weeks as I posted pics and got some harsh but helpful critic and some sweet but useless critic..it helped me build the confidence to like what I like and take CC with an objective ear and open heart.

So with some major nerves I entered a local contest with a picture that I really liked but got so-so comments on here..and it took 2nd...does that mean I was right and it was a good pic..hell no..it just means I actually took a chance and and hope that someone (judges) might like it too.

I would have never done that before this forum because all my pictures were my babies and I couldn't bear for anyone to not like them.

So Thank You from the bottom of my heart. Even in the faceless world of forums.... people can teach each other if they are just willing to slow down and listen..or read.

~Christa aka jajomo

Last edited:
Congrats on the 2nd place! :thumbsup: I think the hardest thing about photography is making a photo appeal to others. You should definitely post the photo in this thread so we can see..

I was the same way when I first started posting. Even though I only got 2-3 responses, they were rough and got me down, but I've learned that it's the best way to 'learn'. There are a lot of people here that are rough, but they mean well.

Good job on the 2nd place :) Care to share the shot with us again?

Congrats for taking that chance. Its really about your confidence in yourself. Please share.

I thought about posting it..but it really isn't about the photo...more about I actually had the courage to enter a contest.

http://www.johnstowncameraclub.org/content/node/21

I won 2nd in Digital Art for my photo RRXX. They spelled my name wrong...lol...first thing I won since 3rd grade and my name is spelled wrong.

cressonrailcc.jpg

Congrats on the 2nd place, feels good doesn't it?

I really enjoy your photo, I like the vignetting. Your pic has great depth and everything kind of leads me to the cross. Great job, keep up the good work! I know some of the comments on here can be rough, but you can only learn from your mistakes. Keep your head up, from what I see you're doing a great job!

Jay and John's mom can now show them to have the courage and sprout wings!!!

congrats, I am sure it is just the beginning. ;)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :hug::

Jay and John's mom can now show them to have the courage and sprout wings!!!

congrats, I am sure it is just the beginning. ;)

Thats great that you remembered :) I could only handle being a "he" for so long!! haha

Congrats.

It is very funny to read this when I was just telling someone to not pay too much attention to the comments about the artsy side of her photos. Forums like this one have very few artsy members... and the few they do have are mostly ignored.

Awesome, jajomo! Congrats!

Can I be twice as harsh now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back