Thank You system?

Hey look a thank you system.. weirddd

and then they put it in after all lol

I think the fact that the Thank you button is already being abused in this thread to indicate simply AGREEMENT, is a precursor of the failure of this idea.

skieur

Has anyone else noticed abraxas going hog wild thanking everyone? :lol:

I htink instead of using thank you counts I would use something more orginal like "gibbley joo" points. And those can mean whatever people want them to mean

I htink instead of using thank you counts I would use something more orginal like "gibbley joo" points. And those can mean whatever people want them to mean

I get it--Like a rep system, right?

That way, whoever has the most gibbley-goos is,... the One.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand. If someone makes a post that you feel is a really good post, you can thank them for it. I reserve my thanks for really well thought out and helpful posts. If someone took the time to help another member with a problem or a question and really has a good piece of information that they shared, I'll thank them.

We've limited the spamming of the thanks system in 2 ways. 1. You can only thank 3 people a day now. So you'll need to use your thanks wisely. 2. If we find someone abusing the system (I won't name names, but we know who they are) we'll nuke all their thanks and they just wasted their time for nothing.

The system (just like the forum) is what the users of make of it. It can be an extremely handy tool if used properly, or a worthless tool if people abuse it.

Let's hope that the people who don't like it will just quit abusing it and let those of us who do like it enjoy it for what it is.

Just having a little fun. :)

Just having a little fun. :)

It ceases to be fun when you continually do it and that starts to become abuse. I'm really trying to be polite... why ruin something good for everyone just because you don't like it. Let it be man.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to understand. If someone makes a post that you feel is a really good post, you can thank them for it. I reserve my thanks for really well thought out and helpful posts. If someone took the time to help another member with a problem or a question and really has a good piece of information that they shared, I'll thank them.

We've limited the spamming of the thanks system in 2 ways. 1. You can only thank 3 people a day now. So you'll need to use your thanks wisely. 2. If we find someone abusing the system (I won't name names, but we know who they are) we'll nuke all their thanks and they just wasted their time for nothing.

The system (just like the forum) is what the users of make of it. It can be an extremely handy tool if used properly, or a worthless tool if people abuse it.

Let's hope that the people who don't like it will just quit abusing it and let those of us who do like it enjoy it for what it is.

You nuked my thanks? I actually think most of those were real.

Sheesh. That was a little obnoxious.

:lol:

I got nuked as well...... albeit only three :biggrin: ... with an explanation. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSrwmBhzSWM"]Caught in the crossfire[/ame].

EDIT: Ooooooh, another new feature

Most reactions

Back