Thanks for the help

Milhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to thank all that have helped me with my noob questions. From addon lens for a P&S to what DSLR camera to get. I finally did it and bought a Canon XTi with the kit lens. I took it with me on a trip to Greece and had a lot of fun with it. I have mostly standard tourist style pictures, but do have a couple that really stand out. I will post a couple of pics later.

I'm looking forward to learning how to take better pics. Some of the stuff I've seen here just blows me away. I guess I just need some patience and practice.

As a side note I did take your advice Big Mike, and didn't buy addon lens for my P&S and used that money to buy my Canon XTi. I'm really glad I did, I can see a huge difference between my P&S and the XTi. More detail and the colors are so vibrant. I can't get over the detail that the camera can grab in low light without a flash.

Thanks all again

If you think low light is good with your kit lens...you should buy a 50mm 1.8 for like 70-80 bucks...then you'll know low light performance...

Anyways, I'm very glad you found a camera you like. More fun to take pics if you have a neat camera I think.

Most reactions

Back