thanks for your advice

mickraemer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i finally did it. with the advice i got from this forum and a lot (hopefully enough) of research i bought myself a canon digital rebel (no xt, because of the price) with the standard 18-55 ef-s lens, an additional sigma 28-200 (f3.5-5.6) lens, 256mb of memory and a set of filters. i bought it from www.abesofmaine.com. i liked the service they gave me as a beginner.

thanks again,

michael

Congrats, we look forward to seeing some of your shots on here.

Did you know that there is a firmware hack available for that camera? It allows you to 'unlock' a handful of features that are available on the 10D.

no i didn't know that. is there a write-up on how to do this?

thanks,

michael

I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to find http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=firmware+hack+for+digital+rebel&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Now, as a disclaimer, I think that using a hacked firmware may void your warranty. However, I've read that people have sent in hacked cameras to Canon for other repair and it's not a big deal. Plus, it's just as easy to reinstall the factory firmware.

Basically, Canon made the 10D and the Digital Rebel as the same camera. The 10D had a better body, better image buffer etc. but basically they could have all the same features. To segment the marketplace, they just turned off a lot of the features for the digital Rebel model. The hack just turns them back on.

thanks for the reply and sorry for the question how to find it.

michael

Most reactions

New Topics

Back