Thanks Grandpa!

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My Grandpa P has been dead since the early 70's and admittedly I never even knew the guy well. I was pretty small when he died. I think I just may owe him though! Earlier today I was just going through this box of his old stuff that I have had for a while and I found these two old 8mm film camera lenses. I put them up in a few places to see how much they were worth and if people would want them? I've already had one offer for $125!

I'm going to hold off a bit and see what happens in the next few days but it just might turn out that my Grandpa P did me a huge favor all those years ago when he was fooling around with shooting some family videos! They have to be at least 60-70 years old, maybe older.

He was shooting when Dad and his brother were little kids. That's 1930's, 1940's, maybe early 1950's at the very latest. I'm thinking 1940's but they could be 1930's or even 1920's for all I know. The camera, whatever it was is long gone, but the lenses are perfect.

So far I can find only one example of these online and the price on that one is almost that same sum and I've got two in the original box. Hard to find these. I've been looking all night for info on these things!

I didn't really think they'd be worth much if anything. Those old film cameras are all over Ebay and not too expensive at that. But I guess that set must be worth something as that guy was pretty quick to offer me that sum. I figure I'd better find out for sure first though. I'd hate to sell these for way too little if it turns out they are really collectible and worth something. I'm smirking at the relatives now though. No one really cared that I wanted that box. They all just shrugged when I asked for his old stuff. It was just "junk" they said.

Hehe, makes me laugh. I'm glad I have a pack rat gene. I do hope they are worth a nice sum. My DSLR kitty bank is HUNGRY. She hasn't been fed any shiny coins in a long while....

Last edited:
Who knows, you might get the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) soon, collecting older equipment and adding to the DSLR kitty. ;)

Although I'm no expert in movie cameras, I would like to know what they are. Post a pic or two if you have the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back