thanks to D Matt

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally figured out Neat Image.. it's cool... so far I just used the auto settings using NI with PS CS.. here are the comparisons using a photo I posted yesterday...

the original shot from the cam, just reduced to 800 wide.

DSC_61840824websize.jpg

my rendition from yesterday, adjusted, cropped and such.

DSC_61840822websize.jpg

3 and my rendition edited with Neat Image..

DSC_6184nifiltered0823websize.jpg

Such a cool program, I hope to learn more when I have time to study the tutorials online.

Thanks for looking and Thanks Matt!

now i just need to go through the 344 pics I posted on my new website yesterday........ ooooooooooonooooooooooooooooo!!

Nice!

I've had Neat Image for a while...it definitely does something that Photoshop does not do...or at least something that is not packed into one feature of PS.

I've only played with it though...I'm sure that learning how to really use it would help produce great results.

Wow, the difference in the appearance of the duck's head is quite striking. Get plenty of coffee, cuz now you're gonna want to change all those 344 pics!

Antarctican said:
Wow, the difference in the appearance of the duck's head is quite striking. Get plenty of coffee, cuz now you're gonna want to change all those 344 pics!

that is scary, ugggggggggggggggg lol.. well, 1 at a time, here and there, we will do it. I haven't told Daisy yet!

It almost looks too smooth, but looks nice. Is neat image a program you can use with pictures with noise as well?

JOAT said:
It almost looks too smooth, but looks nice. Is neat image a program you can use with pictures with noise as well?

here is another crack at it Joat!

DSC_14810116websize0830websize.jpg

DSC_14810116websizeni0829websize.jpg

the difference is much more significant in the larger pix, and i am testing on paper now. At 13x19 paper, I think the difference will be huge!

Just a thought, (not really a comment on this particular photo)

I'm thinking that it might smooth out the feathers too much, feather detail is such a great part of your photos. Maybe you could run Neat image on a duplicate of the image, then layer the two and selectively mask out the parts that don't need it as much.

Basically the same technique as blurring out a distracting background.

Big Mike said:
Just a thought, (not really a comment on this particular photo)

I'm thinking that it might smooth out the feathers too much, feather detail is such a great part of your photos. Maybe you could run Neat image on a duplicate of the image, then layer the two and selectively mask out the parts that don't need it as much.

Basically the same technique as blurring out a distracting background.

I agree. That's what I do. If are use Neat Image too much, you start to lose detail. I think noise is ok, when it's in balance with detail. Too much noise is a problem, but getting rid of all of it, along with the fine detail, is not always best either.

Digital Matt said:
I agree. That's what I do. If are use Neat Image too much, you start to lose detail. I think noise is ok, when it's in balance with detail. Too much noise is a problem, but getting rid of all of it, along with the fine detail, is not always best either.

ya, you guys are quite right, I need to mess with it, and learn the techniques.

Hey Ray I have used Neat Image for a couple of years. Just a tip, dont get carried away, it does have it's drawbacks at times, as does Noise Ninja. You can lose details in the highlights, and shadows. It is a corrections tool, use it adjust those shots where the high iso causes the most noise. Not every shot needs it.

I like how it softening the background, but IMO it does seem to be a little too much on main subjects[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

great series!!! love the face on the duck on the last in the first set!!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back