Thanks to you lot ..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Luminosity, May 22, 2004.

1. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

....I was able to show off my 'knowledge ' :LOL: , (gleaned from browsing these forums ) at my 'introduction to SLR cameras ' course today... was one of the few that didnt look utterly confused when the teacher started talkin about 'rule of thirds ' ( for example ) lol. :sillysmi:
    The teacher has been interested in photography since 1969 and has travelled the world taking great shots ..( his fave spot seems to be india and its ppl...). It was interesting just listening to him and seeing his work.He seemed quite taken with my camera too ... he hadda chat with me after and told me NEVER to sell it ...so I was realllly happy to know the guy who sold me the camera really WAS lookin after me and not just taking a newbie for a ride and selling me crap for top $$$.
    Now I'm feelin a lil more confident re. USING it now :lol: Cant WAIT to start documenting this great city and its secrets :D.
    Just wanted to let you guys know that your knowledge-sharing etc on this forum is appreciated. :thumbsup:

2. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

show-off! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing some of that "documenting this great city and its secrets" photography, so don't forget to share!

3. Not Neve

Not Neve TPF Noob!

Gonna be teacher's pet, eh? :lol:

Have fun and good luck!

4. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

You betcha I'ma show-off ;) :LOL:

You guys will be the first to see my shots :sillysmi:

I probably woulda with this teech if it was longer then a day course lol.He would have ended up swatting me away like he would a fly after awhile tho coz I'd be picking his brain all the time lol.Give me someone that knows something I'm passionate about and I'll kidnap em ;)