thanks tpf... it's been a year... cpl photos enclosed as well!

syphlix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gregorytran.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys...

it's been about a year since i got my dslr, and since i joined these forums...

i have to say... i've gotten so much help here over that time... and much of what i've learned is from giving and receiving c&c here... the feedback matters so much... whether or not you/i find it agreeable :p...

i've even checked out other forums... fm... potn... dps... but for some reason i keep coming back here lol

well... a post isn't a post w/out photos... so i'm including a couple...

feel free to c.. or c... or whatever... you guys know the drill :p

these are all street type candids... i'm a big fan of candids...

That lady in the first photo scares the bejeezus out of me.

I like the composition of the second one the best. The 3rd doesn't do much for me.

The first two look like they're scenes out of a movie. Could be the black parts at the top and bottom make it look like it's widescreen.

That lady in the first photo scares the bejeezus out of me.

I like the composition of the second one the best. The 3rd doesn't do much for me.

The first two look like they're scenes out of a movie. Could be the black parts at the top and bottom make it look like it's widescreen.

+1

I like the lighting in th first two. What camera are you using? Were these heavily processed? What type of metering did you use?

Last edited:
hey guys... these were taken w/ canon 7d...

all 3 processed in LR3 (first 2 were brought into PS at the end just to add the black bars.... 3rd one never left LR3)

number two is great. nice lighting and a clean/crisp shot

For #1 - I would crop the arms on the left and right.

Very nice movie film-like post processing.

These are really nice. :thumbup:

I have only been here a few weeks, and I am looking forward to learning a lot too.

Most reactions

Back