Thanksgiving | Family | Post Yours!

Nobody has family...?!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures! I'll see if I can find any from past years.

Lol no one wants to see my family

Your niece is gorgeous. Your brother looks a little shocked! I have no family pictures, thanksgiving is long over here. But we skipped it because of a certain sister in law who is causing an incredible amount of drama.

Barb, I know all about the sister-in-law drama! :048: (Well, not your drama, of course!)

Here are two that I dug up. They were taken when I first got my Mamiya 645 and I wasn't entirely sure what to do with that camera yet. Forgive the dust spots. My headache is weakened but lingering, and right now, that kind of intense visual focus to clone dust spots will make my headache regain full force, and that would be doubleplusungood. It was a doozy this time.

The sister-in-law is the one with her hands out on the left. My brother is holding the plate, sitting in what used to be my father's seat when he was alive. Buzz is standing on the left, my sister and her husband are on the right next to my mother. Two of my sisters are not in the picture - one lives in Florida and the other one was probably with her boyfriend's family that year.

And yes, I did think of moving that chair, but they never would have waited for me to do that and I'd miss any chance at any shot at all :)
Dinner table resized.jpg

And my two nephews: The one giving the bunny ears just started college in September. Had to crop a lot, image quality isn't all that great.
Bunny ears.jpg

And here's a picture of just the dinner table another year, before we attacked it :) (Also the 645 - this time I think I was getting the hang of the camera.)

rs Dinner table.jpg

And here's a picture of just the dinner table another year, before we attacked it :) (Also the 645 - this time I think I was getting the hang of the camera.)

View attachment 90229

LOVE the way that camera produces images.... I WANT ONE!

Medium format rocks :) I love both the Mamiyas I have (645 and C330).

Last edited:
You can get a Mamiya 645 AF (autofocus) and lens for about the price of an entry-level DSLR kit.

The manual focus version is even cheaper.

Most reactions

Back