Thanksgivng photo help

ILovePlaya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Am planning on taking my Nikon d40 to dinner Thursday.
Will be taking indoor shots during the day.
Plan on shooting in auto til I learn more about the camera.
Any advise on flash settings, ect. so I can get the best
captures of the day will be much appreciated.
Thank's in advance and have a great day Thanksgiving.
Craig.:wink:

well it sounds like your planning on using auto mode.. so theres not much we can tell you.
pretty much..

just shoot, the camera should be smart enough to figure it out for the most part.

Because the op still have couple days to practice. He/She maybe able to practice to a point that he/she can take at least few shots without auto mode.

However, it is up to the OP whether he/she want to learn more. :)

I think that with that degree of uncomfortableness (is that a word) by the OP, AUTO is probably the best bet at this point, because you won't get a dry run to perfect your shots. It's a once a year thing, and pictures in AUTO generally capture the moment very well. Just play it safe, because there's no shame in AUTO, but you can't adjust your flash settings, so don't worry about it. You camera will take care of everything. Some people wield shooting in MANUAL like a badge of honor, but AUTO will generally not let you down.

Shooting outside of AUTO is good for hobby, but for just taking pictures to remember an event, I'd say use AUTO if you're not completely comfortable with photography.. I'll be loving AUTO this Thanksgiving, I'll tell you that. Albeit with my SB 600 in use, and maybe a Light Sphere.

Thank's for the feedback.
See what you mean.
If I'm shootiig in auto there's not
much you can tell me.
How 'bout priority auto after I get
some in auto?
Figured out how to see exif data
so could later look and see just
what I was getting for each change
in Ap/Ss.
So I could learn something while still
getting my pic's of the day.